Other child care and support

Financial Support

There is a range of financial support mechanisms available to university student-parents.  Please visit the links below for additional information. Students are also welcome to contact a Financial Aid Advisor in the Office of the Registrar for additional information.

Other Child Care Support

U of T’s Family Care Office provides information, guidance and referral services to students, staff and faculty who are planning for a new child, choosing child care (facilities, programs or subsidies), seeking children’s programming, detailing with elder care or assisting with other family matters. Information on the office is available on the website or by phone at 416-978-0951.

The Region of Peel offers significant fee support for licensed child care to families living in Peel who demonstrate financial need. Peel Region Children's Services provides a variety of information on regionally operated centres of very high quality, along with regional child care subsidy and special needs information. Potential subsidy users are encouraged to apply for a subsidy well in advance (even in the early stages of pregnancy or while waiting to adopt) by calling 905-791-1585.

Child Care Info Peel, reachable by phone at 905-890-9432, provides information to help parents choose child care that best suits each family's needs. It offers helpful materials, including an up-to-date list and map of licensed care options within the community, contact names and phone numbers, program costs and hours of operation, as well as information on the characteristics of quality child care.

Coordinated Information Peel, reachable by phone at 905-890-1724, offers information on services in the Peel Region for children and families with developmental disabilities, including types of services, eligibility, agency locations, hours and costs (if any).