|Applying to MUI||Tuition Info||Financial Aid||Info Sessions||FAQ|
- Is this program available full-time only or is there a part time option?
- How do I know if I'm eligible to apply?
- What type of bachelor's degree is required?
- I am currently in another master's program, can I transfer into the MUI Program?
- How do I access the online application?
- The online application won't let me apply to the program I want - What's wrong?
- Can I apply to more than one UofT graduate program?
- I applied last year and would like to apply again - Do I have to re-submit my documents?
- Do I have to pay the application fee?
- I am an international student - Do I have to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores?
- Is work experience required to apply?
- Does my application need to be complete before it is reviewed?
- What is the approximate timeline to receive a decision?
- Is there an admission interview?
- I have been offered admission, can I defer to next year?
- I was refused admission – Am I able to appeal the decision?
Once I am in the Program:
- How do I register for courses?
- How do I pay my tuition fees?
- Is the summer internship mandatory?
- How do I obtain my internship position?
How do I know if I am eligible to apply?
Please refer to our Admissions Requirements. For further inquiries contact: email@example.com.
What type of bachelor's degree is required?
An appropriate 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in social sciences (Ex: Political science, urban economics, urban planning, urban studies, or geography), management/commerce, or a related field such as architecture or civil engineering.
How do I access the online application?
The application should be submitted through the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies online application.
- The program is closed for admission. You are trying to apply outside of our specific online application dates. This year, our application will open on October 2, 2023 and close on February 2, 2024. The online application will not be available at any other time.
- You have not selected MUI from the IMI Graduate unit - From the list options, choose IMI (Institute for Management & Innovation) and then choose MUI.
Do I have to pay the application fee?
Yes. The application fee for the MUI program is $125 CAD and can be paid via credit card. Applications are considered complete only if the application fee is paid.
I am an international student - Do I have to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores?
If your primary language is not English and you graduated from a non-Canadian university where the language of instruction was not in English, then you must demonstrate your facility in English by successfully completing and submitting an acceptable English Facility Test. For more information please visit the School of Graduate Studies.*
*Please note that the minimum scores required for the MUI program are higher than those set by the School of Graduate Studies. Visit our admission page for MUI's minimum score requirements.
What is the approximate timeline to receive a decision?
Completed applications should be submitted by February 2, 2024 to be considered. Decisions will typically be made between by early to mid-March, however this may depend on the number of applications received. Decisions will be released on a rolling basis.
I have been offered admission, can I defer to next year?
It is not typical practice for the MUI program to offer admission deferrals. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to request an admission deferral.
How do I register for courses?
As most of MUI's courses are required, the Program Coordinator will register you automatically in your core courses prior to program/term start. You will have to register for elective courses in your 2nd year of the program.
How do I pay my tuition fees?
Once accepted, you will receive your tuition invoice via ACORN in early-mid July. For further information on how to pay your tuition fees, please visit Student Accounts.
How do I obtain my internship position?
Although internship positions are not guaranteed by the program, each student will receive one on one support from our Placement and Employer Relations Manager to secure an internship position.