Research and Professional Interests
I have a background in statistics and public health with a bachelor’s degree in Statistics from University of South Florida and a Master of Public Health in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Boston University. After earning my MPH, I worked in Boston as a Data Analyst.
My current research interests are in exploring the measurement of health exposures, specifically air pollution. Air pollution is a growing public health concern and has been linked to many chronic illnesses. I am also interested in identifying if air pollution exposures occur disproportionately across space, impacting specific, potentially more vulnerable, populations more than others.
Why Geography, Geomatics and Environment at UTM?
I chose the graduate department at UTM because I was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with researchers with similar interests to me. When applying, the department went above and beyond answering any questions about the program, demonstrating the responsiveness of the faculty and students.
Honours and Awards
- 2021 Geography and Planning Entrance Award: University of Toronto, Dept of Geography and Planning
- 2021 Arts and Sciences Doctoral Recruitment Award: University of Toronto
- 2019 Activist Bucks, Activist Lab, Boston University, micro-grant for community research
- 2019 Travel Award, Women in Statistics and Data Science (ASA), for travel to 2019 conference
- 2018 Nathaniel Bowditch Award, MGH, for contributing to the improvement of quality care
- 2017 Activist Achievement Award: Boston University Scholarship, for Achievement in Community Work
- 2014 Provost Scholar: University of South Florida Scholarship, for Academic Achievement