Independent Studies Courses
Students interested in applying for an independent research course with CPS must complete the following:
- Contact a faculty member to be their supervisor for the course and obtain approval.
- Fill out the appropriate application form below.
- Submit your application to the CPS Undergraduate Administrative Assistant via email at email@example.com. PDF format is preferred, but a clear image of the form may be accepted.
- Register for the course on ACORN.
The deadline to submit your application form for each term are the following, unless stated otherwise for a specific course:
- For Fall term (-H5F) and Year (-Y5Y) courses: August 16 by 5PM.
- For Winter term (-H5S) courses: December 6 by 5PM.
- For Summer term (-H5Y and -Y5Y) courses: April 6 by 5PM.
- CPS401Y5: June 30 by 5PM.
Here are the ballot forms of the independent studies courses:
CHM485H5 Dissertation Based on Literature Research
CPS398H5 Teaching Opportunity Program in Sciences
CPS401Y5 Research and Development in Science Education
CPS489Y5 Introduction to Research in the Chemical and Physical Sciences
JCB487Y5 Advanced Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory
PHY473H5 Supervised Readings
NOTE: starting Fall 2021, CPS489Y5 replaced CHM489Y5, ERS470Y5 and PHY489Y5.