Seminars are on Fridays, 1-4pm, unless indicated otherwise. The seminars will be conducted in hybrid mode. In addition to zoom links that will be distributed weekly, the in-person presentation will take place in CDRS in Maanjiwe nendamowinan (MN 3230).
- Papers start at 1:10pm, Zoom session starts at 1pm
- Zoom links and advance readings will be circulated one week in advance
- For all inquiries, please contact Boris Chrubasik (email@example.com)
Schedule - Fall 2022
- Oct. 4: Jan Bremmer (Groningen): Religious Pluralism in the Ancient World: Herodotus, The Roman Republic, and Late Antiquity
- Oct. 28: Erika Weiberg (North Carolina): TBA
- Nov. 11: Claire Taylor (Wisconsin): Comparisons: the case of manumission in the ancient Greek world
- Dec. 2: Alex Meyer (Western): Capturing the Vindolanda Stylus Tablets
Schedule - Winter 2023
- Feb. 17: Elton Barker (Open): cf.?, or: Forms of Comparison, from Homer to Pausanias
- Mar. 10: Claire Holleran (Exeter): Origins and Odysseys: Migration in Roman Iberia?
- Mar. 17: Matt McCarty (UBC): TBA
- Mar. 31: Mary Bachvarova (Willamette): How to Do Comparative Ancient Mediterranean Literary Studies