International Students

FUNED Scholarship for Mexican students

FUNED is a private Mexican philantrophical organization that provides scholarships in the form of low interest loans based on need & merit to Mexican nationals interested in professional Master's in Canada and overseas. MMI has a partnership with FUNED.

For further information check out the FUNED website or contact

International Degree Equivalencies

The minimum requirement for admission in the program is an appropriate undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a standing equivalent to at least a B+ in the final year of the program. For international degree equivalencies, please refer to the SGS website:


Student & Employment Authorization

International students who have not yet obtained their Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status must obtain a Student Authorization to study and an Employment Authorization to complete the Capstone Project component of the program. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain these permits. Prospective students should contact the nearest Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate as soon as they receive their offer of admission. Among the documentation required to obtain an entry visa and student authorization are an admission offer, evidence of adequate funds, and proof of medical clearance.

It should be noted that since strong communication skills are critical for success in this Program and in the job market, every effort should be made to enhance English communication skills prior to joining the Program. 

Financial Assistance

International students are also eligible for the program's scholarships and teaching assistantships. In addition, the Government of Canada and other agencies have a number of scholarships available to international students to study in Canada. Examples of these scholarships are:

  • Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship
  • Equal Opportunities Scholarship Program, Canada-Chile
  • Government of Canada Awards Program
  • Organizations of American States Fellowships Programs
  • Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarships
  • International Peace Scholarship Fund for Women (IPS)

These scholarships are administered by the concerned agencies and not by the University of Toronto. Interested students should contact the concerned agencies directly.  

Working in Canada

International students are competitive candidates for employment in Canada—both in the summer during the program and upon completion of the program. The Government of Canada has started a special program – Post-Graduation Work Permit Program – for international students completing their degrees in Canada. Under this program, international students may obtain an open work permit for up to three years after graduation. Please refer to the following website for details:

For further information, please refer to UTM and UofT websites for international students:

UTM International Centre:

UofT Centre for International Experience: