Research Opportunity Program
The Research Opportunity Program (ROP) gives students in Biology real lab experience under the supervision of Biology Faculty while earning academic credit. Research Opportunities are available in all academic terms.
For more information about the Research Opportunity Program please visit: http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/rop/
Biology students are also invited to present their ROP work at a poster session in early April. Prizes are awarded for the best posters.
Biology ROP (BIO299 & BIO399) Best Poster Awards
- Winner: Hsin-Yu (Lucy) Chen (Phillips Lab)
- Project title - Identifying the Origin of Pyruvate in the Chloroplast by Biosynthesis in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)
- Runner up: Samuel Fung (Cheng Lab)
- Project title – Neo Ablation in the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus Disrupts Depression and Anxiety Regulation
- Runner up: Zein Haj Ali (Ensminger Lab)
- Project title – Using Pigment Composition to Detect Differences in White Spruce Genotypes
- Winner: Lyla El-Fayomi (Derek Ng & Helene Wagner)
- Runner Up:
- Jibran Syed (Marc Johnson)
- Fatima Alvi (Angela Lange)
- Photos of the 2017 Biology Research Celebration found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149284176@N08/sets/72157679788063972/