Interested in joining the department or working in biology? Check here for the latest postings for TAs, staff, faculty and other biology-related positions.
- Faculty Positions
- Postdoctoral Positions
- CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Positions
- CUPE 3902 Unit 3 Positions
- Job Postings in Other Departments / Academic Institutions
The Department of Biology at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) invites applications for a full-time tenure-stream position in the area of immunology. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor, with an expected start date of July 1, 2022 or shortly thereafter.
Candidates must have earned a PhD degree in Biology or a related area, and have a minimum of three years post-doctoral experience with a demonstrated record of excellence in research and teaching. We seek candidates whose research and teaching interests complement and enhance our existing departmental strengths. The successful candidate will be expected to pursue innovative and independent research at the highest international level and to establish an outstanding, competitive, and externally funded research program.
Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement outlining current and future research interests, a teaching dossier to include a strong teaching statement, sample course materials, and teaching evaluations, a diversity statement and three representative publications.
Applicants must provide the name and contact information of three references. The University of Toronto’s recruiting tool will automatically solicit and collect letters of reference from each after an application is submitted (this happens overnight). Applicants remain responsible for ensuring that references submit letters (on letterhead, dated and signed) by the closing date.
Submission guidelines can be found at: http://uoft.me/how-to-apply. Your CV and cover letter should be uploaded into the dedicated fields. Please combine additional application materials into one or two files in PDF/MS Word files in the following format: Cover letter, CV, Research Statement, Teaching Dossier, Publications and Diversity Statement. If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Professor Joel Levine at email@example.com.
All application materials, including reference letters must be received by the closing date of January 3, 2022 11:59 pm EST.
Assistant Professor - Biological Data Science
The Department of Cell & Systems Biology in the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto invites applications for a full-time tenure stream position in the field of biological data science with a focus on computational neuroscience. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022. Link to job description: https://jobs.utoronto.ca/job/Toronto-Assistant-Professor-Biological-Data-Science-ON/551289017/
Assistant Professor - Invertebrate Epigenomics
The Department of Cell & Systems Biology in the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto invites applications for a full-time tenure stream position in the field of invertebrate epigenomics. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022. Link to job description: https://jobs.utoronto.ca/job/Toronto-Assistant-Professor-Invertebrate-Epigenomics-ON/551288917/
- Plant Evolutionary Genomics and Evolutionary Ecology (Prof. Marc Johnson)
- Remote Sensing of Vegetation (Prof. Ingo Ensminger Lab)
- 4 Postdoc and 5 PhD student positions studying structure and function of trees using drone-based remote sensing (Ensminger Lab)
- Persons who are currently undergraduate, graduate students, or post-doctoral fellows, at the U of T
- Please Note: PDF application forms must be filled out using Acrobat Reader or Pro (Download Acrobat Reader)
- BIO483H5S Special Topics in Biology (CUPE 3902 Unit 1) - Uniter 2022 - Applications due Jan 7, 2022
- Applicants should submit a cover letter, and C.V. (including previous teaching evaluations, if applicable), by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unit 1 Application Form (Course Instructor)
Persons who are NOT undergraduate, graduate students, or post-doctoral fellows, at the U of T
To see all unit 3 Sessional Instructional Assistant and Sessional Lecturer positions currently available at the University, please visit University of Toronto Careers website.
- Continuously Posted Notice – Sessional Instructional Assistant
- Continuously Posted Notice – Sessional Lecturer Positions
Sessional Instructional Assistant (SIA)
- Sessional Instructional Assistant Application Form
- Please see here for open SIA positions
- Sessional Instructional Assistant-MSC2017H Visualization Technology & Application Form
- Sessional Lecturer Unit 3 Application form
- There are no positions open at this time
Positions at other institutions may be posted here upon request