Is there anywhere on campus I can park for free?
- No, there is nowhere on campus that you can park for free. Parking must be paid for at all times.
Is it true that I can park in any parking lot after 5:00 p.m. as long as I have a valid parking permit?
- Our policy is that all U of T Mississauga parking permits (with the exception of Athletic parking permits) are valid in all U of T Mississauga parking lots after 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and all day on Saturdays, Sundays and Statutory Holidays (with the exception of all signed reserved spaces, car pool areas, resident parking – P6, P7 & P10 and all short term parking facilities such as Inner Circle Road).
I am a student who is only enrolled in evening classes. Is there a specific permit I can purchase that will allow me to park at night?
- Yes, you can purchase our monthly Evening parking permit. This permit is valid from 3:30 p.m. onward and will allow you to park in P4, P8 & P9. However, after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends, permit holders may park in P1, P4, P5, P8, P9 and the CCT Garage as long as their permit is clearly displayed in the vehicle for which it was issued (with the exception of all signed reserved spaces, car pool areas, resident parking – P6, P7 & P10 and all short term parking facilities such as Inner Circle Road).
- The parking permits allow the user to register multiple vehicles (including rideshare vehicles) to your parking permit. You would have to transfer the permit between whichever vehicle you bring to campus as required.
If I have a valid UTM parking permit, can I also park at St. George or UTSC?
- If you have a valid UTM parking permit, you are only permitted to park in the designated lots at UTM. To inquire about parking for any other U of T campus, you must contact the Parking Office specific to that campus.
How do I make a change to my parking permit?
- If you would like to add a license plate to your parking permit or change an existing plate/vehicle, you can do so by logging into your account here. Please note it is important to maintain accurate vehicle information for enforcement purposes.
I paid for parking at the Pay & Display machine using my credit card, but nothing printed. What should I do? Was I double-charged?
- If you attempted to pay for parking using your credit card in a Pay & Display (P&D) machine and no slip printed, you were likely not charged. The P&D machines operate by live authorizations and a ticket will only print if your transaction was approved. You are required to go through the steps again until the machine prints a slip.
Failure to display a P&D slip for any reason (failed transaction, out of order machine, declined credit card, etc.) will result in a Parking Infraction Notice (parking ticket), issued by the City of Mississauga.
Why can’t I pay for parking at the Pay & Display machines in P1 and P5 on weekdays?
- On weekdays, until 5:00 p.m., P1 & P5 is reserved for permit holders only. After 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends, patrons may purchase parking using credit card or coin from the Pay & Display machines located in those lots.
I only have to go into the William G. Davis Building for a few minutes. Is there somewhere close by I can park?
- Yes, you can pay for parking for up to 90 minutes (enforced maximum) in the short-term parking area located outside the William G. Davis Building.