Orientation & Campus Supports
Eagle Connect; Your New Student Community
Prepare for the start of your first year at UTM with Eagle Connect. This initiative is available to all new UTM students; you will:
- Be placed in a summer community (or Eagle Squad), in which you will be given an upper-year mentor/guide to assist you through the summer months
- Connect with other new students as you transition into university together
- Receive a weekly interactive newsletter highlighting due dates, deadlines and giving you useful information to ensure you are ready for the new year and the start of your UTM experience
- Participate in exciting weekly online learning sessions, led and designed by your community mentor/guide, to make sure you are fully equipped and ready to go
- Be able to ask questions! Your upper-year guide and mentor is ready and available. Just email them, and they will get back to you with everything they can, as well as personal insights and experiences.
All new students will be placed into Squad automatically, with a Student Guide and Mentor in June.
Online Course Registration Sessions
Join us online to learn everything you need to know about your U of T degree as we guide you through the steps for course enrolment with a live demonstration of resourceful websites. You can also ask questions live!
After you attend the Course Selection Walkthrough webinar, you may have more questions, like what courses to choose. This interactive workshop will give you an opportunity to ask your academic advisors any questions you might have!
After you've added your courses (or most of them!), you may have additional or different kinds of questions. Register for a check-in session, where we will help you finalize your timetable. Spaces are limited.
Designed for students who understand the basics of course enrolment and program planning, these online chats are offered as additional opportunities to ask questions directly of our Academic Advisors.
Hosted by our Financial Aid staff, we'll discuss money matters including budgeting, scholarships and financial aid. We'll also highlight payment options and deadlines.
Your Official Welcome!
As you get closer to the start of Fall classes, join us for a variety of orientation programming that allows you to meet other UTM students, faculty and staff. Participate in programs that will support your academic success, and allow you to experience all that UTM has to offer. Orientation events take place between August-September.
There are a lot of students, staff and faculty organizing different orientation events and you can choose the ones that are the right fit for you. Click below, to explore some of the information and programs.
- Summer Academic Skills Institute (S.A.S.I)
- Residence Orientation
- Parent & Family Orientation
- UTMSU Frosh
- International & New-to-Canada Student Orientation
- Queer Orientation
Our campus is situated on 225 acres of protected greenbelt along the Credit River, 33 kilometres west of the university’s St. George campus in Toronto. While we are closed for tours at this time, click here to stay up-to-date.
Recognizing the important role parents and family members play in UTM students' lives, we are here to support parent and family members and build their capacity to serve as a helpful resource to their student.
Parents and family members of new UTM students have access to the following resources during their student's first year of study at UTM:
- Parent & Family Orientation
- UTM Family Connect Monthly Newsletter
- Parent and Family Resources
To register for these opportunities visit the Parent and Family Website.