Certificate in Pharma Challenges & Opportunities
The Pharma Challenges and Opportunities Certificate delivers industry knowledge and soft skills that pharma CEOs identified as important. This program will consist of four 1/2 day modules delivered by experts from industry as well as distinguished U of T faculty. It is designed to be highly interactive including workshops, case studies, role-play and networking opportunities.
This program will provide a deep understanding of the journey of a medicine from discovery through regulatory approval, access to the Canadian market and activities related to launching, marketing and selling. It will also cover the broader Canadian life sciences such as generics, vaccines and key future opportunities and challenges.
Online Modules and Learning Outcomes
Module 1 • Introduction to the industry • R&D • Regulatory
Affairs • Manufacturing and Quality
Introduction to the industry, discovering, developing, and manufacturing a new medicine and navigating the regulatory process to gain approval to market.
Module 2 • Canadian Drug Healthcare System • Market
Access • Public Policy
Overview of Canadian drug policy framework and processes for gaining market access for a new medicine. Understanding the stakeholders and their roles in public and private markets.
Module 3 • Launching • Marketing and Selling Best
Practice • Persuasion and Influence
Introduction to best practices in launching, marketing and selling pharmaceutical products in Canada.
Module 4 • Vaccines • Generics • Biologics and Life Sciences
A look at the broader life sciences ecosystem in Canada and future opportunities and challenges.
There is an optional six month mentorship component of this program.
- Professionals already in pharma and interested in broadening industry knowledge to improve their cross-functional contribution
- International pharma professionals new to Canada
- Recent graduates interested in entering the pharma industry
Format and Dates
One Thursday a month over 4 months, online.
(Toronto time, EST)
Online Welcome and Networking Session
September 16, 2021
Module 1 • 9 am-3:15 pm
September 23, 2021
Module 2 • 9 am-3:15 pm
October 14, 2021
Module 3 • 9 am-3:45 pm
November 11, 2021
Module 4 • 9 am-3:30 pm
December 9, 2021
Individual registrations - $2,000 + HST / participant. Group registrations of 2 or more - $1,650 + HST / participant.
The fee includes all four modules and course materials.
Faculty and Instructors
U of T faculty and key industry partners teaching in this program include:
- Patricia Gauthier- Country Head, Canada, Moderna
- Timothy Lee- Adjunct Professor, Department of Chemical & Physical Sciences, U of T, Mississauga, Chief Scientist and Head of R&D at Prollenium Medical Technologies
- Rav Kumar- Director of the Centre for Medicinal Chemistry, Assistant Professor, U of T, Mississauga
- Amyn Sayani- Director, Medical Evidence, AstraZeneca Canada
- Colin Hall- Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Prollenium Medical Technologies
- Rafael Chiuzi- Assistant Professor, Organizational Behaviour & HR Management, Department of Management, U of T, Mississauga
- Ryan Lock- Director, Federal Affairs and Public Policy, GSK Canada
- Ajay Bhatia- Associate Director of Global Marketing, Oncology New Products, Astellas Pharma US
- Dorothy Czylyski- President- NFA Health
- Bruce Seet- Director, Medical Affairs, Sanofi Pasteur
- Jordan Berman- Vice President, Global Corporate Affairs, Business Transformation and Strategic Planning, Apotex
- Jason Field- President & CEO, Life Sciences Ontario
- Leigh Revers- Associate Professor Chemistry, Director Master of Biotechnology Program, U of T, Mississauga
- Duncan Jones- Director, ICUBE, U of T, Mississauga
Read their bios by downloading this instructor profile booklet.
For more information, please contact Saima Zulqarnain • firstname.lastname@example.org