VPP Equity Statements
The University of Toronto Mississauga is deeply committed to fostering equity, diversity and inclusion across every aspect of university life. Please see the website of U of T’s Vice-President, People Strategy, Equity and Culture for a full list of official university announcements on equity-focused topics.
Please also see below to read a sample of recent equity-based announcements from UTM’s Vice-President and Principal, Alexandra Gillespie.
- Appointment of Special Advisor on Anti-Racism and Equity: Dr. Sonia Kang
- Marieval Residential School
- National Indigenous Peoples Day | June 21
- Commitment to online safety
- Statement against Islamophobia and violence
- Recognizing Pride Month | June
- Recognizing Indigenous History Month | June
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination | March 21
- Condemning Anti-Asian Violence
- International Women’s Day | March 8
- Black Mental Health Day | March 1