Working in Canada
You may need a work permit to work or volunteer in Canada, especially off-campus
- The University of Toronto Mississauga is a Designated Learning Institution. You may need to include our Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #) on certain documents: O19332746152 (note the DLI# starts with the letter O not zero).
- Learn about work permits in Canada.
- Find information about working at the school where you study.
- Find information about working off campus while you study in Canada.
- Discover how you can work as a co-op or intern as part of your academic program.
- Learn how you can stay in Canada as a permanent resident or find work after you graduate from school.
- Find information about how your spouse or common-law partner can apply to work while you study in Canada.
- Processing times vary depending on the Canadian visa office where you submitted your application.