Academic Integrity in Exams
ELECTRONIC DEVICES MUST BE TURNED OFF AND PLACED INTO THE CLEAR SEALABLE PLASTIC BAG PROVIDED. THE BAGS ARE TO REMAIN UNDER THE DESK FOR THE DURATION OF THE EXAM.
Instructors, invigilators, and CPO's will be on the lookout for any signs of academic dishonesty during examinations, including:
- Verbal or written communication between students (e.g. passing notes, looking at another student's test paper).
- Notes written on clothing, hands, arms, etc.
- Notes written on paper and hidden in clothing.
- Unauthorized aids (including, but not limited to cell phones, smart devices, calculators) that are NOT enclosed in the clear, sealable plastic exam bags required.
If academic misconduct is expected in an examination:
- Invigilators will advise students involved in a supected incident of academic misconduct that it will be reported and that thye may be liable to penalties under the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters.
- Invigilators will retain books/papers and any confiscated materials (with the exception of electronic devices.