Resources for Students with Disabilities
Focus on Abilities
We are here to help you! The UTM Career Centre and its staff are experienced in serving a diverse student population with their career planning, gaining experience, job search and planning for further education.
The Career Centre is accessible!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Large screen computer suitable for students with vision loss
- AODA compliant web site
- Need accommodations to attend an event? Please let us know ahead of time and we will work with you to facilitate your participation
- Our friendly and highly trained student staff will greet you when you visit in person and help you access resources and assistance you may need
- Career resources relevant to students with disabilities
- One to one appointments with Career Counselors and Employment Advisors to support you in all aspects of your career development
Questions? Speak with someone directly about how the Career Centre can help you, please visit us in person at DV3094 or call 905-828-5451 for assistance. We also may be reached through email at: email@example.com.
Gaining experience outside your studies is a great way to explore your options and build skills for your career.
Programs and Resources by Disability
The Career Centre is here for you during your degree studies and two years afterward, but you can also enlist the help of agencies and programs in the GTA / Peel and Halton Regions that assist persons with disabilities in building meaningful careers. Many of these programs offer assistance that compliments what we do at the Career Centre as listed by disability type below:
- Autism Spectrum
- Mental Health Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Mobility Disabilities
- Sensory Disabilities
- Programs for All Disabilities