The New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF) supports world-leading interdisciplinary, international, high-risk / high-reward, transformative and rapid-response Canadian-led research.
- high-risk, high-reward and interdisciplinary research
- NOI deadline: June 28, 2022, 8:00 p.m. (eastern)
- See below for more information
- large-scale interdisciplinary research projects
- NOI deadline for 2022 competition has passed
2022 Exploration Competition
Overview: The goal of the Exploration stream is to inspire high-risk, high-reward and interdisciplinary research.
Exploration stream grants support projects that:
- bring disciplines together beyond traditional disciplinary or common interdisciplinary approaches;
- propose to explore something new, which might fail; and
- have the potential for significant impact.
Value: Up to $125,000 per year (including indirect costs)
Duration: Up to 2 years
Deadlines: June 28, 2022, 8:00 p.m. EST (NOI); September 13, 2022, 8:00 p.m. EST (full application external deadline)