University of Toronto Mississauga Working Groups
Each working group will be led by at least one UTM faculty member in the Humanities or Social Sciences. Senior UTM undergraduates, faculty from other University of Toronto divisions or other universities along with postdoctoral fellows and graduate students may be involved.
The group will work towards common scholarly and research goals identified with a specific topic. Whereas the Annual Seminar is meant to be expansive, the Working Groups are intended to tackle specific topics of interest.
Activities of the working group may include but are not limited to readings and discussion of papers; field trips to collections or archives; collaborative research, publication, or grant applications; or hosting distinguished visitors. Interdisciplinary or discipline specific proposals are welcome. The UTM campus will be the host site of activity for the Working Group, but some events may be held at other locations if appropriate.
Working Groups are funded for 1 year, with possibility of renewal once. Working Groups may be linked to other conferences or seminars. Up to 3 Working Groups may be sponsored each academic year, each receiving $3000. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of senior arms-length colleagues.
How to Apply
A complete application package includes the following material:
- Completed Cover Sheet
- Proposal: 2 pages maximum (single space, 12pt New Times Roman), in clear
non-specialist language, under these headings:
· Description of Research and Scholarly Activity to be undertaken by the working group, including aims and outcomes of the working group
· Organization and leadership for the working group
· Timetable of events and activities for the year
- List of Partipants in the planning group and their affiliations, which can include anticipated participants (1 additional page maximum for the participant table) with the following columns:
· Faculty/Postdoc/Grad Student/Undergraduate
- Itemized budget and justification (additional 1 page maximum)
Please submit proposals in one SINGLE PDF to Rong Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org) by this date.