Ontario Genomics is a not-for-profit organization funded by the Ontario government and Genome Canada. It is part of a pan-Canadian network of Genome Centres and is the only entity focused solely on stimulating, enabling, and nurturing genomics innovation in the province of Ontario.
Ontario Genomics funding programs:
- Genomic Applications Partnership Program
- See Ontario Genomics website for a full list of open competitions. Note some registration deadlines have passed
Genomic Applications Partnership Program (GAPP)
If you will require co-funding from OVPR, please get in touch at the EOI stage (see below). Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funds projects that address real-world opportunities and challenges defined by “Receptor” organizations such as industry, government, or not-for-profit entities.
- Accepts small-scale proof-of-concept / pilot projects through to large-scale projects. Projects should not be in discovery phase.
- Receptor organizations should have the expertise, resources and commitment to commercialize or implement the project’s outcomes.
- Projects must be active collaborations between the Receptor organization (Canadian or international) and a Canadian academic researcher.
- Projects are co-funded by Receptors and other stakeholders
- Up to 1/3 investment from Genome Canada
- Receptor co-funding (cash and/or in-kind) that is equal to or greater than Genome Canada’s contribution
- Any remaining co-funding from other eligible sources
- Projects must have the potential to generate significant social and/or economic benefits for Canada.
Value: $300,000 - $6 million.
Duration: 2-3 years. Shorter or longer terms will be considered only if strong rationale is provided.
|Stage||Round 24*||Round 25*||Round 26*|
|Draft EOI due to Ontario Genomics||Aug 3, 2022||Nov 1, 2022||Apr 4, 2023|
|Face-to-face (or Zoom) meeting with Ontario Genomics’ review panel||Sep 6-9, 2022||Dec 6-9, 2022||May 9-15, 2023|
|Final EOI due to Ontario Genomics||Oct 4, 2022, noon||Jan 9, 2023||Jun 9, 2023|
|Rehearsal Pitch to Ontario Genomics||Oct 11-20, 2022||Jan 16-25, 2023||Jun 19-30, 2023|
|Pitch to Genome Canada||Oct 21-Nov 4, 2022||Jan 23-Feb 6, 2023||Jun-Sept, 2023|
|Draft Supplementary Proposal due to Ontario Genomics||Dec 6, 2022||Feb 27, 2023||Sep 5, 2023|
|Final Supplementary Proposal due to Ontario Genomics||Jan 11, 2023||Apr 4, 2023||Oct 5, 2023|
|Notice of Award||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Dec 2023|
* all dates subject to change and are dependent on available program funding.
There is a three-stage application process to this program:
- Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Project Pitch
- Supplementary Proposal
If you are considering applying, please contact Yoo Jin Park (yjpark@OntarioGenomics.ca), Manager, Sector Innovation & Programs, to discuss the fit of potential projects with the program and key criteria for GAPP. Project teams that are a potential fit will be provided the Expression of Interest (EOI) form. Please ensure that Rob Reedijk (email@example.com) at the Research Services Office is copied on all email submissions to Ontario Genomics.
- Find U of T-specific instructions on the RSO GAPP webpage
- Find all program details on the Ontario Genomics Program description page
- See the GAPP Investment Strategy and Guidelines for more information on co-funding rules and potential receptor organizations
- Ontario Genomics Quick Financial Guide (GAPP)
- Summary of Ontario Genomics’ Support Process