Cell/Tissue Culture Facility
Updated October 21, 2020
The Cell/Tissue Culture Facility is operated under the Office of Vice-Principal Research. It has two locations on campus:
- DV3092F is designated for biological containment level 1 work.
- DV1074D meets all the requirements of biological containment Level 2.
The purpose of this facility is to provide researchers a shared resource necessary to carry out cell/ tissue culture based experiments and to maintain and store experimental cell lines. The facility is overseen by core facility technician.
- Facility rooms are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via key codes or T-card. Contact core facility technician to get access authorization.
- Core facility technician is available Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 5pm.
Core Facility Technician
The Office of Vice-Principal, Research, Room HSC334
University of Toronto Mississauga
Facility Fees and Services
- User annual fee is applied.
- Free training on facility biosafety procedures and equipment introduction. The training is mandatory for new users.
- Free technical supports and consultations for cell culture technique, trouble shooting and equipment operation.
- Customized-Basic cell culture technique training is available upon request by researchers. The training includes sterile skills, cell passage, cell counting and plating, thawing and freezing cells. The training can be performed for individual or a group up to 3 people. This training will take place over 10 days. Total fee for the training is $450 per group (1 person, up to 3 people) plus consumables.
Facility Equipment and Consumables
- Cell/Tissue Culture Facility Equipment and Consumables- Updated October 21, 2020