International Education Centre
|Name & Description||Scheduled Date||Scheduled Time||Target Audience||Additional Information|
Registration now open! International Student Mentorship Program – First Year UTM Students: If you are a first year student at UTM – this program is for you! Join now to get paired with an upper year mentor who can help you navigate UTM life
|Click Here for more info|
|View from Here||Mondays||Varies||All Students||Click Here for more info|
|Tastes of Culture: Middle East Perspective||Thurs. Jan 28||5 - 6 pm EST||All Students||Click Here to Register|
Language Conversation Circles: Are you interested in meeting new people and in learning new languages? If so, the IEC’s Language Conversation Circles (LCC) are for you!
|10 am - 11am EST||All Students||Click Here to Register|
Global and Intercultural Fluency Training Series (GIFTS): These sessions will guide students through critical reflection on their personal self-identity and their relationship and impact on local, national, and global scales. Join in on the weekly deep discussions, activities and opportunities for personal and professional growth!
||All Students||Click Here to Register|
Living In Between Cultures: Writing and Storytelling Workshop Series: Over the course of four sessions, we’ll examine the complexities of our hyphenated identities through writing prompts, storytelling exercises, and discussion.
|Every Thursday starting Feb 4th||5 - 6:30 pm EST||All Students||Zoom|
Connect with Us!
The International Education Centre (IEC) is dedicated to providing support for global students connected to the University of Toronto Mississauga. We have moved to virtual support. Please contact us via phone of email with any inquiries or to schedule a virtual appointment. We would be happy to assist you!
International Education Centre
The IEC has moved to virtual support. Students can connect with us via email at email@example.com or phone 905.569.4716 for questions or to book an appointment. All our services remain active, they have simply been moved online.
International Student Support (one on one advise via email, phone or Zoom)
- Immigration advice: One on one support from a registered immigration advisor on Canadian study permits, visas, post-graduation work permits, and more.
- Health Care support: Administration and advice on the University Health Insurance plan and health care in Canada.
- Transition support: One on one and group support on pre-arrival needs, job search, coping with changes, and more.
Intercultural Development and Programs (online and on-demand)
- Intercultural Development workshops: group based skill development sessions and webinars that develop leadership and communication skills in facilitating cultural relations.
- Online programs: Global Cafes, language conversation circles, cultural events and more to help you connect with your community.
- Virtual resources: learn about how you can develop your intercultural skills exploring our intercultural campaigns and resources on social media and website.
Learning abroad (one on one advise via email, phone or Zoom)
- Exchange and UTM Abroad: Whether you returned from travel, are looking for advice or interested in future opportunities, an advisor can provide one-on-one support.