What is an Access Day?
A one-day event curated to enhance youth's knowledge of post-secondary education. This one-day experience is delivered through tailored hands-on and informative workshops, guaranteed to get students thinking about their future.
- Understanding and Making Connections: emphasizes the importance of pursuing post-secondary education (PSE), supports students’ understanding of their personal strengths, identifies the various academic programs in PSE, and provides the avenue to create an action plan.
- Let’s Talk Finance: identities the various financing options for PSE, clarifies the OSAP application process and supports the creation of individual financing plans.
- Life in Post-Secondary- Academics: focuses on tips for academic success - demonstrates the key academic differences between high school and PSE, provides helpful resources to foster academic success, and clarifies any existing myths regarding PSE.
- Life in Post-Secondary- Community and Extracurriculars: provides information about community/campus support resources as well as ways to get involved in PSE.
- So, Is University Online or in-Person? - supports students in making the best out of online and/or in-person PSE learning by considering their individual needs and past experiences.
Note: Changes to workshop content are made to accommodate the form of delivery (e.g., in-person or online)
Volunteer Sign Up
As an Access Program volunteer, you will have the opportunity to help empower:
- Youth to set academic and personal goals and have confidence in their future.
- Youth to be motivated to pursue PSE programs by reducing barriers and creating opportunities with UTM students, staff and faculty.
- Parents and families to support their youth in PSE attainment.
- Complete the webform, identifying their preferred role for Access & Inclusion Programs
- Meet virtually with your project team
- Complete assigned tasks
- Complete reflection activity after the event
There are a few steps before you can officially volunteer for Access & Inclusion Programs. Please follow the steps below:
- Fill out the Volunteer With Us page.
- Attend training session(s), which will be communicated to you once you sign up.
There are limited spaces for each project. Sign up is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please continue to check our website regularly for upcoming opportunities!
For all questions and feedback regarding Access Days, please contact: