- Download UTM Engage.
- Sign-in to app using your UTORid and password.
- Complete the sign-in questions and all relevant information for your profile.
Remember: You MUST have a profile setup on the UTM Engage App before you can be given access to your group as an administrator.
Creating a Group
- Be a recognized Ulife recognized student group.
- Complete this web form with all relevant information.
- As the administrator, you must now send a logo (1000 x 1000 pixels, or any size as long as the length and width are the same) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Within 3 business days you will see the group listed on the app, and you will receive admin access to the group. Remember: You MUST have a profile setup on the UTM Engage App before you can be given access to your group as an administrator.
Managing a Group
- Go to the Home page.
- Click on the three lines at the top left corner
- Click on 'Groups' and select your group name under 'Your Groups'
- You may now add events – please refer to ‘Adding an Event for Your Group’ for step-by-step instructions.
- You can now monitor the discussion board to answer any questions and create discussion topics
- Under files, you can upload files and documents for your group members to view. Files can be images, PDF’s or any other documents. This is a good place to post meeting minutes and agenda items.
Adding an Event for Your Group
- Click on the 3 lines on the top left
- Click on your group name
- Click on 'Add New Event'
- Complete the necessary information:
Heading Description Name of Event Keep it short and simple. Picture for Event The preferred size is 400 x 200 pixels. Location You can include the video conference link or registration link Time Choose a start and end time for your event. If your event repeats daily/weekly/monthly, you may indicate it here. Description Add a short, but informative description of the event. Please note any items which the participants may require for the event. Keep it fun! This is your chance to promote your event and organization. Group Confirm the club which the event will be nested under, especially if you are a student leader on several student groups Public or Not If it ready to be launched and promoted, ensure that the ‘Public’ toggle button is enabled so that the event will be showed on students’ feed Tags Select pre-loaded tag(s), or create your own. Think of 'tags' as a sort of #hashtag
5. Complete the form by clicking 'Add Event'
Editing an Event
- Go to your group page.
- Click on ‘Events’ tab.
- Select the event you wish to edit.
- Click on the small pencil icon on the top right corner.
- Make necessary additions.
- Save your edits by clicking on ‘Update Event’ at the bottom.
- If you wish to delete an event, click on ‘Delete’ at the top right corner.
Managing an Event
- Go to the ‘Events’ tab on your group page and select the event.
- Click on the logo of two individuals to view all participants who added the event to their agenda (has RSVP’ed to the event).
- Under recent discussions, you can post updates, notes and discussion questions that can be viewed to all who have added the event to their agenda. This discussion board acts as an opportunity for all participants to ask questions.
- Participant Report – The report is not active for student leaders currently.
On the discussion board you can reply directly to a thread or start a new discussion topic.
To report a technical issue regarding the app, please contact our team via e-mail at email@example.com.