Book a Table
Prior to booking a table, review table booking guidelines, found below, in full
Table Booking Guidelines
Table booking requests within academic buildings is a benefit offered to UofT/UTM (Ulife) recognized groups, staff and faculty of the University of Toronto; this benefit is facilitated through the Centre for Student Engagement on behalf of the University. Table booking requests must be completed online through the table booking system and submitted at least three (3) days in advance.
- On-campus tables are to be used for promoting organization-related, non-commercial events and activities.
- Table booking may be requested in Kaneff, Deerfield Hall, CCT Link, CCT Atrium, Instructional Building lobby, New North and Davis.
- One (1) table and two (2) chairs are provided between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. unless requested otherwise.
- To maximize opportunities for different groups table bookings are limited to a maximum of one (1) booking per day, five (5) per week, fifteen (15) per month.
- If there is a unique circumstance that requires tabling in more than one (1) location in a day, more than one (1) table, or tabling outside of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail if your booking has been approved. If you do not receive a confirmation email prior to your requested table booking, please contact email@example.com. Without a confirmation email, table bookings are not officially approved.
- You must book your table a minimum of three (3) days before the requested date. Last minute requests can no longer be accommodated.
Table Booking Guidelines
- The table must not be left unattended during your booking time(s);
- No amplified sound is allowed, regardless of volume, including speakers, megaphones, bullhorns and audio/visual sound;
- No selling or distribution of products from external vendors (i.e., food, books, credit cards/banking, etc.);
- No external vendors, corporations, companies, or any groups not affiliated with the University of Toronto Mississauga are permitted without the written approval of the University; Please note: groups are not permitted to receive any financial benefits from tabling activities (exceptions may include: funds collected for events where tickets are sold, or funds collected for a charity event. Please connect with the Centre for Student Engagement to ensure you are collecting money for appropriate and permitted reasons). If a student organization or department chooses to invite or collaborate with a third party not associated with the university to table on their behalf, a member from the student organization or department must be present at all times the table is booked. The student organization or department is responsible for the third party and if the third party violates any of the tabling conditions, the student organization or department will receive a warning and authorization for promotional tables may be withdrawn;
- Vending or distribution of food and drinks, including baked goods, is not allowed;
- No displays, materials or activities can interfere with pedestrian passage or the normal activities of the University;
- Users are responsible for removing all materials from their table at the conclusion of their booking, and must ensure the table is wiped-down and clean once the event is complete;
- Users may not move tables from their designated areas of set up;
- No aggressive marketing is permitted, including inundating students and community members as they walk down the hallway
Failure to utilize your booking penalizes other groups who could have used these limited spaces. If you need to cancel your booking, please review the confirmation email as you can cancel within that page. You may also contact Conference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The table permit confirmation email must be readily available at the table. You will receive this confirmation email once your booking has been finalized. You cannot table without confirmation of a booking.
Statement on Table and Space Booking Freedom of Expression
We believe that excellence flourishes in a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity of perspectives. The free flow of a multiplicity of diverse ideas is one of the hallmarks of the University of Toronto and it has led to discovery, understanding and advances in the human condition. The University of Toronto Mississauga is committed to providing all Ulife approved organizations with the opportunity to use Table and Space Bookings as an effective communications tool. The exercise of free expression by any party seeking Table and Space Bookings approval, must comply with applicable laws, and the University of Toronto Policy on Freedom of Speech. Expressive materials, such as images, written materials, video content, slogans or any speech that may be perceived as graphic or potentially offensive, must not silence, intimidate or stigmatize individuals or groups. Additionally, expressive content must be distributed and/or displayed in a manner in which members of the University community choose to actively engage with materials, and are not subject to unsolicited dissemination.
Expressive content for Ulife approved organization display or distribution is limited to approved Table and Space Bookings only. Expressive content is limited to within five (5) feet of the approved space or table bookings (unless otherwise stated), this includes the use of any digital or hard surface (e.g., whiteboard) displays. Any additional supplemental display (e.g., exterior walkway chalk, large building banners, etc.) must receive expressed written approval from the Centre of Student Engagement at least three (3) days in advance.
Please review the following links to receive more information about current policies and procedures at the University of Toronto Mississauga:
Statement on Freedom of Speech:
Policy on the Recognition of Campus Groups: