ULife campus group recognition allows for student groups to be recognized by the University administration, which affords them the following benefits and supports from the University, provided through the Centre for Student Engagement.
At the University of Toronto Mississauga, Ulife recognition provides student organizations with many benefits, including the following:
- Right to use the University's name in conjunction with student organization activities (including adding 'UTM' to your club name)
- Ability to use campus facilities, such as campus rooms or tables, at a reduced cost or without cost
- Listings in the directories provided to the university community as a Ulife recognized student organization
- Ability to create a group space on the UTM Engage App
- Access to the Centre for Student Engagement's Student Organizations Library, where team building activities, leadership books, and other resources can be borrowed
- Access to UlifeLead sessions, where student leaders will be trained on Ulife, leadership, team leadership, and event planning
- Opportunities to apply for student group awards or funding to support and recognize the outstanding initiatives hosted by student groups
- Support and guidance from the Centre for Student Engagement, especially in the Ulife recognition process, constitution creation and updates, election support, and facilitating successful initiatives and events
Who is eligible for Ulife recognition?
Campus Groups, Student Societies, Athletic Groups, Course/Program Union, Hart House Groups, and Other Groups are all eligible for Ulife recognition.
Who can be a part of the student organization?
Students, Alumni, and Staff can all join student organizations. However, there is a limitation on the number of non-UTM students who can be on an executive team (as detailed in our policies)