Senior Election Officer (SEO)
The Senior Election Officers are chosen at the beginning of the year. A call-out for students is put out. Students are then selected and trained at a 1-hour training session. Upon successful fulfillment of the role, SEO’s are also eligible to receive recognition on their Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
The Role of the SEO
- Meeting with the President/Executive members to learn more about the election needs
- Connecting with the candidates to receive appropriate information to facilitate the election
- Setting dates and times for the application period, campaign period, and election period
- Communicating the election details and results to the student organization members
- Communicating regularly with the UTMSU and the Centre for Student Engagement if any issues or concerns arise
- Take action to appropriately deal with election related issues in an ethical and fair way
The SEO & UTMSU
The Senior Election Officer is selected by the UTMSU.