The UTM Engage App is the perfect hub for student leaders to engage with their group membership, connect with other student leaders, and build a community for their student groups. We encourage all student organizations to join the UTM Engage App by following the steps outlined below:
- Please note: Your student organization must be a Ulife recognized student group in order to join the UTM Engage App.
- Download the UTM Engage App.
- Create an account using your UTORid and password, following the steps outlined here. Please note: We can only provide an existing account with admin access to a group, so please ensure that you have made an account prior to requesting admin access via the form above.
- Fill out the web form above with your contact information to indicate your desire to be an admin of a student group on the app.
- It may take up to three (3) business days for confirmation to be received.
- Afterwards, you will see your group listed on the UTM Engage App. Sign back into the app and look for your group listed at the top.
- Congratulations! Your group is officially on the UTM Engage App and you are the administrator - you will have access to monitoring and making changes to the group page.
- As the administrator, you must now upload a logo at 1000 x 1000 pixels, or any size as long as the length and width are the same.
In order to manage your student group (ie. make changes, create events, etc.), please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Campus page.
- Click on 'Groups' and select your group name under 'Your Groups'
- You may now add events – please refer to ‘Adding an Event for Your Group’ (found below) for step-by-step instructions.
- You can now monitor the discussion board to answer any questions and create discussion topics
- Under files, you can upload files and documents for your group members to view. Files can be images, PDF’s or any other documents. This is a good place to post meeting minutes and agenda items.
Adding an Event for Your Group
- Open UTM Engage to the Dashboard page.
- Scroll to ‘Groups’ at the bottom to view the group(s) you have admin controls over.
- Click on your group name.
- Select the ‘Events’ tab.
- Add events by clicking on the ‘Add Event’ button.
- Complete the necessary information, as detailed below:
Heading Description Name of Event Keep it short and simple, but catchy and descriptive. Picture for Event The preferred picture size is 400 x 200 pixels. Location Indicate the building and room where the event will be hosted (on-campus buildings are listed in the App). Time Choose a start and end time for your event. If your event repeats daily/weekly/monthly, you may indicate it here. Description Add a short, but informative description of the event. Please note any items which the participants may require for the event. Keep it fun! This is your chance to promote your event and organization. Group Confirm the club that will be hosting the event, especially if you are a student leader for several student groups Public or Not If your event is ready to be launched and promoted, ensure that the ‘Public’ toggle button is enabled so that the event will be accessible on students’ feeds Tags Select pre-loaded tag(s) to indicate areas of interest
- Click on ‘Create Event’
- Success! Your event has been created - students may now check out your event and respond to confirm their attendance
Editing an Event
- Go to your group page.
- Click on the ‘Events’ tab.
- Select the event you wish to edit.
- Click on the small pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Make any necessary edits.
- Save your edits by clicking on ‘Update Event’ at the bottom.
- If you wish to delete an event, click on ‘Delete’ in the top right corner.
Managing an Event
- Go to the ‘Events’ tab on your group page and select the event.
- Click on the logo of two individuals to view all the participants who added the event to their agenda (ie. they have confirmed attendance to the event).
- Under recent discussions, you can post updates, notes and discussion questions that can be viewed to all who have added the event to their agenda. This discussion board acts as an opportunity for all participants to ask questions.
- Participant Report – The report is not currently active for student leaders.
On the discussion board, you can directly reply to a thread or start a new discussion topic with students.
To report a technical issue regarding the app, please contact our team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.