Navigating the UTM Engage App
- Search for UTM Engage on Google Play and/or App Store and download the free app.
- Sign in with your UTORid and password – select student or faculty/staff, as applicable. For the first time you sign-on, you may be asked a few basic questions to set up your profile.
While the majority of users choose to download the app on their smartphones, you may also access the desktop version of UTM Engage. All functions remain the same.
Setting up your Account
Creating Your User Profile
- Click on the top right corner to edit your profile.
- Click on ‘Edit Profile’ and input the necessary information.
- Please note: Your information can be viewed by other users of the app. Ensure that you do not provide any sensitive/compromising information.
- Upload a profile picture if you wish.
- Upload a cover image if you wish.
- Write an ‘About me’ section if desired.
- Click ‘Save’ at the top right corner to save all changes to your profile.
Notification Preferences Setting
- Within your profile, click on ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Notification Preferences’.
- You may adjust the notification privacy settings per your personal preferences. It is recommended that push notifications are enabled as they will allow you to be notified of any event changes or other important information.
Adding Friends (Connections)
You may add friends (called ‘Connections’) on the app. This allows you to send a private messages to the individual through the ‘Messages’ tab. We recommend that you only connect with individuals you feel comfortable with having as a friend. Bullying and abusive language will not be tolerated. Respect all of your connections.
- You can search for connections by clicking on your profile (top right corner) then clicking ‘Manage Connections’.
- Click ‘Find New Connections’ to search for individuals by name.
- Click ‘Added Me’ to view those that have added you as a connection. You may select ‘Add to Connections’ or ‘Block Connection’.
- To send a message to a connection, click on the ‘Messages’ tab
- Start a new conversation with a connection by clicking on the ‘Compose’ icon
Events & Groups
Joining a Group
Join a group on the UTM Engage App as a student to access the group's discussion board, events and files. This is a quick and easy way for students to engage with student group activities and stay updated!
- Go to the ‘Campus’ page
- Select ‘Groups’ and search for the group(s) that you would like to join
- Click the ‘Join Group’ button at the bottom to join the group
- Success! You are now able to participate in and view the group’s discussion board, events and files. Please note: you will not not have the ability to add events unless you are the group administrative.
Confirming Attendance to an Event
- Click on the main ‘Campus’ tab.
- Look at the events listed under ‘Events’ at the top.
- Click on the event that you wish to learn more about.
- Click ‘Add to Agenda’.
- You can now see the event in the ‘Dashboard’ tab. Please note: you may receive reminders for the event leading up to the date/time.
- If you want to remove an event from your agenda (unable to attend/no longer interested), click on the event and click on ‘Added to Agenda’ to remove it from your agenda.
Within the ‘Resources’ section, found in the main ‘Campus’ tab, you may view all UTM resources. Please note: some of the icons may differ depending on your year of study, program, and/or even your interests.
Within the ‘Guides’ section, found in the main ‘Campus’ tab, you may view large-scale events that span multiple days or activities, such as O-Week. For example, if you are registered for a conference, you may find a guide listing all of the events and relevant information pertaining to the conference.
To report any technical issues regarding the app, please contact our team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.