UTM Engage App for Campus Partners
We encourage all departments to connect with students using the UTM Engage App! To do so, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Download the UTM Engage App
- Create an account using your UTORid and password, following the steps outlined here. Please note: We can only provide an existing account with admin access, so please ensure that you have made an account prior to requesting admin access via the form above.
- Fill out the web form above with your contact information to indicate your desire to be an admin of a department on the app.
- It may take up to three (3) business days for confirmation to be received.
- Afterwards, you will see your department listed on the UTM Engage App. Sign back into the app and look for your department listed under 'Calendars'.
- Congratulations, your department is now available on the UTM Engage App and you have access to it!
Adding an Event to your Calendar
- Open the UTM Engage App to the Campus page.
- Select ‘Calendars’ and find the department that you have admin controls over.
- Add events by clicking on the ‘Add Event’ button.
- Complete the necessary information:
Headings Description Name of Event Keep it short and simple, but catchy and descriptive Picture for Event The preferred image size is 400 x 200 pixels Location Indicate the building and room where the event will be hosted. (On-campus buildings are listed in the app) Time Choose a start and end time for your event. If your event repeats daily/weekly/monthly, you may indicate it here. Description Add a short, but informative description of the event. Please note any items which participants may require for the event. Keep it fun! This is your chance to promote your event and department. Calendar Confirm the calendar (ie. department) that will be hosting the event
- Click on ‘Create Event’ to finish creating and adding your event to your department calendar.
- Success! Your event has been created - students may now check out your event and respond to confirm their attendance
Editing an Event
- Go to your department calendar profile.
- Select the event you wish to edit.
- Click on the small pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Make any necessary edits.
- Save your edits by clicking on ‘Update Event’ at the bottom.
- If you wish to delete an event, click on ‘Delete’ in the top right corner.
Creating a Post-Event Survey
- Your department lead should have access to the administrative view of the UTM Engage App. If you do not access, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Click on ‘Surveys’ under Assessment in the left-hand column.
- Add a survey by clicking on ‘Add Survey Template’. Insert your survey questions and choose the start and end date and times for your survey*.
Editing Options Description Add new questions Provides a list of different question formats which you may use Add text Allows you to add information and a description about the survey
- Click on ‘Save Survey Template’ to complete the survey.
*Please keep surveys on the App short. For full assessments, please use Campus Labs or any other department-approved assessment tools.
Sending a Post-Event Survey
- Click on ‘Events’ under Engagement in the left-hand column.
- Select the event that you are sending the survey out for.
- Click on ‘More’ and select ‘Send Survey’.
- Choose the appropriate audience for your survey under ‘Send to’ and select your Department Name in the ‘Send From’ field.
- Write a short message introducing the survey. This can also be where you thank participants for coming!
- Write your Survey Name.
- Leave the ‘Email All Responses To’ field blank.
- Choose the Survey Template you wish to use. If you have not created the Survey Template yet, please follow the instructions for ‘Creating a Post-Event Survey’ above.
- Select to send the survey notification now or schedule it for later.
- Click on ‘Send Survey’ to finish the notification request.
- Open the UTM Engage App to the Dashboard page.
- Select a discussion board under ‘Campus Discussions’.
- Respond to questions/comments by clicking ‘write a reply’, which appears below each question/comment posted by a user on the discussion board.
Reporting an Issue
To report a technical issue regarding the app, please contact our team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.