Table booking requests within academic buildings is a benefit offered to Ulife-recognized student groups at the University of Toronto, facilitated through the Centre for Student Engagement on behalf of the University.
The below requirements are part of the COVID response and failure to comply with the requirements will result in the removal of table booking privileges. Please take note of the following when submitting table booking requests:
- One (1) table will be provided.
- To maximize opportunities for different groups table bookings are limited to a maximum of one (1) booking per day, five (5) per week, with no more than fifteen (15) total bookings per month.
- Tables will be available for a maximum 2 hour period between 10:00am-3:00pm
- Only 2 people are permitted to staff the tables. The same people must remain at the table throughout the booking period (2 hours), rotation of staffing is not permitted. Staffing is restricted to UTM students, staff, faculty and/or librarians. External visitors are not permitted as part of tabling at this time.
- All staff at tables must adhere to UofT Policy on Non-Medical Masks and Face Coverings
Review of the the COVID-19 Safety List in their planning, as acknowledgement of the COVID-19 Safety List is required for bookings.Please note, unlike previous EAT/SEAT/GAT/SAT forms, you do NOT need to submit this list for approval – it is for your reference and support.
- Completing this table-booking request will act as your acknowledgement of the following statement and confirm your compliance with the above requirements under COVID protocols:
You agree that you will complete the University screening tool prior to arriving on the premises for your booking reservation and you will not attend the event if you are ill, have any COVID-19 related symptom or concern.
How to Submit Table Booking Requests
To gain access to the table booking system, you must:
- Be a Ulife-recognized group
- Read through the Table Booking Guidelines outlined below
- Abide by the instructions outlined above
- Have your Primary or Secondary contacts on Ulife submit a table booking request through the UTM Service Portal
Table Booking Guidelines
Prior to booking a table, review the table booking guidelines found below in full. All student organizations are expected to abide by the following guidelines:
- The table must not be left unattended during your booking time(s);
- No amplified sound is allowed, regardless of volume (including speakers, megaphones, bullhorns, and audio/visual sound);
- No selling or distribution of products from external vendors (i.e. food, books, credit cards/banking, etc.);
- No external vendors, corporations, companies, or any groups not affiliated with the University of Toronto Mississauga are permitted without the written approval of the University;
- If a student organization chooses to invite or collaborate with a third party not associated with the University to table on their behalf, a member from the student organization must be present at all times the table is booked.
- The student organization is responsible for the third party and if the third party violates any of the tabling guidelines or conditions, the student organization will receive a warning and authorization for promotional tables may be withdrawn;
- Please note: Groups are not permitted to receive any financial benefits from tabling activities (exceptions may include: funds collected for events where tickets are sold or funds collected for a charity event).
- Please connect with the Centre for Student Engagement to ensure that you are collecting money for appropriate and permitted reasons.
- Vending or distribution of food and drinks, including baked goods, is not allowed;
- No displays, materials, or activities can interfere with pedestrian passage or the normal activities of the University;
- Users are responsible for removing all materials from their table at the conclusion of their booking, and must ensure the table is wiped-down and clean once the event is complete;
- Users may not move tables from their designated areas of set up;
- No aggressive marketing is permitted, including inundating students and community members as they walk down the hallway;
Table Booking Cancellations
Failure to utilize your booking penalizes other groups who could have used these limited spaces instead. If you need to cancel your booking, please review the confirmation email as you can cancel directly within that page. You may also contact Conference Services at email@example.com.
Table Booking Confirmation Email
The table permit confirmation email must be readily available at the table. You will receive this confirmation email once your booking has been finalized. You cannot table without confirmation of a booking.
Statement on Table and Space Booking Freedom of Expression
We believe that excellence flourishes in a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity of perspectives. The free flow of a multiplicity of diverse ideas is one of the hallmarks of the University of Toronto and it has led to discovery, understanding, and advances in the human condition. The University of Toronto Mississauga is committed to providing all Ulife-approved organizations with the opportunity to use Table and Space Bookings as an effective communications tool. The exercise of free expression by any party seeking Table and Space Bookings approval, must comply with applicable laws, and the University of Toronto Policy on Freedom of Speech. Expressive materials, such as images, written materials, video content, slogans, or any speech that may be perceived as graphic or potentially offensive, must not silence, intimidate, or stigmatize individuals or groups. Additionally, expressive content must be distributed and/or displayed in a manner in which members of the University community choose to actively engage with materials, and are not subject to unsolicited dissemination.
Expressive content for Ulife-approved organization display or distribution is limited to approved Table and Space Bookings only. Expressive content is limited to within five (5) feet of the approved space or table bookings (unless otherwise stated), this includes the use of any digital or hard surface (e.g. whiteboard) displays. Any additional supplemental display (e.g. exterior walkway chalk, large building banners, etc.) must receive expressed written approval from the Centre for Student Engagement at least three (3) days in advance.
Please review the following links for more information regarding current policies and procedures that apply to student organizations at the University of Toronto Mississauga:
RAWC Facilities Bookings
For small gatherings and student group events, please submit your information through the RAWC space booking request form to book the space.