Ulife & Ian Orchard Student Initiative Funds
The Ulife Student Initiatives Fund uses funds available from the Ian Orchard Student Initiatives Fund and the Ulife Student Initiatives Fund. The Funding Committee will review the funding application and make a decision on the most appropriate fund(s) to access when providing funding to student groups and academic societies.
This funding is available to groups and events that meet the following criteria:
- Recognized by the University of Toronto Mississauga, or affiliated with an academic department or administrative unit.
- In other words, applicant groups must consist of full or part-time U of T Mississauga students and must be a Ulife-recognized student group.
- Events and programming held on campus (with an approved GAT/EAT) or online will be considered. To begin the process of completing a GAT or EAT contact Sako at firstname.lastname@example.org or book a time using the Booking page Here
- Events and activities must be inclusive and demonstrate a positive impact on the educational, recreational, social, or cultural values of UTM.
- Funding applications should only reflect programming and/or events for the current academic year.
- Applicants should be clear on their event/activity objective, and how it aligns with enhancing the student experience, fostering a sense of community, and strengthening the goals of your student group.
- A budget (including estimated expenses) must be completed within the application form. For the 2021 Summer term, virtual events or those that have met the requirements of the University (the successful approval of a GAT or EAT) will be approved. Off-Campus in-person events will not be considered for funding.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to submit a reflection to the Centre for Student Engagement at the conclusion of their event. Not submitting a reflection report will negatively affect subsequent requests for funding.
- For Summer 2021, only virtual events and those that have met the requirements of the University (the successful approval of a GAT or EAT) will be approved. Off-Campus in-person events will not be considered for funding.
Important Deadlines (submissions reviewed within 2 weeks of the deadline)
May 28, 2021
June 30, 2021
July 30, 2021 (FINAL DATE TO SUBMIT FUNDING APPLICATION)
To apply, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Complete this form with the required information
2. Wait for an email from the Centre for Student Engagement with details about the status of your application.
3. If approved, you will be asked to submit your receipts through email upon request.
4. A Funding Reflection form must be completed and submitted no later than 14 days after your event/project occurs along with original receipts.
- Funding Committee - Summer 2021
- Funding Reflection
- Appeal Process
- Request to Modify Fund Use
- CSE Funding Prize Form
Society for Algorithmic Modelling; Women in Science & Computing; Indonesian Student Association UTM; Christian Students @ UTM; Champions of Change UTM; DEMA (Digital Enterprise Management Association); African Students Association.
Creatives for a Change; IMI Business Association; UTM Global Brigades; Students for a Free Tibet; UTM Vietnamese Association; UTM Rotaract; Erindale Biology; Undergraduate Commerce Society.
DECA UTM; UTM Islamic Relief; Middle Eastern Students Association; UTM Boxing Club; UTM Muslim Students Association - "Outside the Box"; Undergraduate Commerce Society - "Ready, Set, Market"; Undergraduate Commerce Society - "IMI Finance Competition".
Because I Am A Girl; Business Consulting Association; Caribbean Connections; Choose Humanity; Concurrent Teacher Education Society; DECA UTM; Erindale Biology Society; Helping Hands; Italian Club of Erindale; Musical Theatre Club; Partners in Health; Scribes; Student Management Association; Style and Profyle; Undergraduate Commerce Society.
ArtsFest; Because I Am A Girl; Business Consulting Association; Community Action Projects; Community Engagement; Community Innovation Projects; ECSpeRT; Erindale Chemical and Physical Sciences Society; Global Experience Ambassador; Hindu Student Council; ICCIT Council; Psychology Association of Undergraduate Students Erindale; Student Association for Geography and Environment; Student Life; Student Management Association; Women in Medicine (UTM); Undergraduate Commerce Society; University of Toronto Biotech Investment Club; UTM Concurrent Teaching Education Society.
Debating Club at U of T Mississauga, Digital Enterprise Management Society, Hindu Student Council, ICCIT Council, Out@UTM, Psychology Association of Undergraduate Students at Erindale, Student Housing and Residence Life, Undergraduate Economics Council, Undergraduate Commerce Society, and UTMSU Pride Week.