U of T Mississauga Grant
Complete all sections of the application, and select the University of Toronto Mississauga as your division.
Apply for the UTM Grant / View Application Updates
|Decisions will be made by|
|Fall term||October 1, 2021 - November 15, 2021||late January|
|Winter term||December 13, 2021 - February 25, 2022||early April|
|Summer Session||Application is not available in this session||N/A|
- You are a registered, full-time domestic UTM student with financial need
- You are receiving a government student loan
- Submit an application for either the Fall or Winter term
- Ontario Students: if you have requested to receive grant only funding from OSAP, an application for a grant will not be considered.
- Students from another Canadian Province: you may apply for the U of T Mississauga Grant only after you apply for UTAPS.
- Before you apply, it is expected that you have exhausted all other financial resources including family support, applying for a government student loan (or line of credit), savings from part-time work, and other subsidies, as appropriate.
You will receive an email when a decision has been made, and you can also review updates on the grant application website. In addition to being considered for the UTM Grant, you will automatically be considered for additional funding, including:
- Ontario First Generation Bursary - for this bursary, students are not required to apply for OSAP or a government student loan
- Nancy Salmon Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation of Mississauga
- The Doug and Tenny Hanson Bursary in the Humanities
- William and Lille Huggett Memorial Scholarship
- The Associates of Erindale College 1998 Scholarship
- John Frederick Cameron Award
- Alpha Epsilon Service Club Bursary
- The University of Toronto Mississauga Annual Fund Award
- Robert Matteo Memorial - C.D. Sonter Management Inc. Award
Preparing to Receive Your Grant Payment
Grants will be applied to your financial account on ACORN to reduce your outstanding fees. If your fees have been paid in full at the time the grant is awarded, the balance of the grant will be issued via direct deposit to your personal bank account.
You must opt-in to the direct deposit option on ACORN and provide the university with your personal banking information.
International students are not eligible to apply for the U of T Mississauga Grant, but may be eligible for a one-time only Undergraduate Grant if you have had an unexpected change or emergency since your arrival in Canada. Please request an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor through AskRegistrar to discuss your circumstances and determine what supports may be available to you.