Complete all sections of the application, and select the University of Toronto Mississauga as your division.
Apply / View Application Updates
|Application Period||Decisions will be made by|
|Fall term||September 6, 2023 - November 30, 2023||late January|
|Winter term||December 1, 2023 - March 31, 2024||early April|
|Summer Session||Application is not available in this session||N/A|
- You are a registered, full-time domestic UTM student with financial need
- You have submitted an application for UTAPS through the Need Navigator
- Submit an application for either the Fall or Winter term
NEW: All students who would like to be considered for UTAPS for the 2023-2024 school year must complete and submit an application through the Need Navigator, along with any supporting documentation required as stated on the student’s application by the deadline.
University of Toronto Student Grants are intended to assist students with unmet need with respect to their educational expenses. The grant is a non-repayable monetary funding based on financial need. It is expected that students will have also explored all sources of funding such as family support, savings and study period income, government assistance (e.g. OSAP) programs, daycare subsidies, and bank lines of credit as appropriate.
University of Toronto grants are not intended to fund non-educational expenses or to repay your debts.
You will receive an email when a decision has been made, and you can also review updates on the grant application website. In addition to being considered for the UTM Grant, you will automatically be considered for additional funding, including:
- Ontario First Generation Bursary - for this bursary, students are not required to apply for OSAP or a government student loan
- Nancy Salmon Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation of Mississauga
- The Doug and Tenny Hanson Bursary in the Humanities
- William and Lille Huggett Memorial Scholarship
- The Associates of Erindale College 1998 Scholarship
- John Frederick Cameron Award
- Alpha Epsilon Service Club Bursary
- The University of Toronto Mississauga Annual Fund Award
- Robert Matteo Memorial - C.D. Sonter Management Inc. Award
Preparing to Receive Your Grant Payment
Grants will be applied to your financial account on ACORN to reduce your outstanding fees. If your fees have been paid in full at the time the grant is awarded, the balance of the grant will be issued via direct deposit to your personal bank account.
You must opt-in to the direct deposit option on ACORN and provide the university with your personal banking information. A valid mailing address on ACORN is also required.
International students are not eligible to apply for the U of T Mississauga Grant, but may be eligible for a one-time only Undergraduate Grant if you have had an unexpected change or emergency since your arrival in Canada. Please request an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor through AskRegistrar to discuss your circumstances and determine what supports may be available to you.