Winter 2022

De-enrolment from Winter Courses

I didn’t know I was going to be de-enrolled. What steps did the university take to connect with me?  Updated Jan 25, 2022 at 10:10 AM
In August 2021, a community-wide message was sent to all members of the U of T community indicating that uploading proof of vaccination was required by October 2021. Since then, weekly efforts have been made to connect with students who missed the deadline to provide them with detailed information on their next steps, via email.

Regarding the Winter term de-enrolment, at least seven emails were sent to students between November 30, 2021 and January 18, 2022. Leading up to de-enrolment date for Winter 2022 courses, a message was also posted on Quercus for students who had not yet uploaded their documents. More widely, a general reminder was also posted for the general community as a banner on ACORN.

I have been de-enrolled from my courses, and am fully vaccinated. What do I do? Updated Jan 25, 2022 at 10:10 AM
If space permits, we can re-enrol you into your courses until Friday, January 28, 2022 at 4:00pm (ET). To request re-enrolment, complete the steps below:

  1. Upload your proof of vaccination to UCheck
  2. Confirm that you have uploaded your documents to UCheck and request re-enrolment by submitting a ticket through AskRegistrar. To submit your ticket, select these options: 

    Category: Registration/Course Enrolment
    Topic: Course enrolment troubleshooting 
    Subject line: Vaccine de-enrolment

Please note that we will not add courses for Winter 2022 beyond Friday, January 28, 2022.

I have been de-enrolled from my courses. I am not vaccinated. What are my options? Updated Jan 25, 2022 at 10:10 AM
If you have not been vaccinated and believe you are eligible for an exemption, please email the Office of Vice-Provost, Students at as soon as possible, and before January 28, 2022.

Processing time to approve or deny a request should be provided to the university, who will be carefully reviewing your request. As this process may also require follow-up with each student, a delay in submitting your request for an exemption in writing may prevent us from re-enrolling you into courses (if space permits) by January 28, 2022. We will not add courses beyond this date. 

I have been de-enrolled from my Winter term courses. I am not vaccinated, and did not receive an exemption. What do I do? Updated Jan 25, 2022 at 10:10 AM
You have been de-enrolled from Y or S courses that have in-person activities, and can remain enrolled in courses that are fully remote for the Winter 2022 term.

However, after January 28, students who have not uploaded their proof of vaccination to UCheck or do not have an exemption are not permitted to be on U of T campuses or properties. Violating this instruction may result in an offence under the Code of Student Conduct

If you intend to come to campus for any reason, you must first upload your proof vaccination to UCheck, or receive approval for a medical exemption as soon as possible. Additionally, you must receive a daily green status from UCheck after completing the self-assessment. 

Is it true that students are being de-enrolled from courses if they are fully vaccinated, but did not upload proof that they received a third (booster) shot? Updated Jan 25, 2022 at 10:10 AM
No, this is not true. Please visit the UTogether website for details on the university's vaccination requirement, clarification, and future updates including information for students who have received their initial vaccinations outside of Canada.

Members of the university will be able to voluntarily upload proof that they have received a booster shot to UCheck after January 31, 2022.

What if I do not want to upload my vaccine information? Updated Jan 25, 2022 at 10:10 AM
The University’s efforts to support our community through the COVID-19 pandemic includes our commitment to create a safe learning and working environment. The university's vaccination requirement requires all members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination via UCheck. This is a two-step requirement to help keep our community safe.

Our information is being held in a confidential database and has rigorous security requirements to safeguard data protection. The University’s process complies with all provincial standards for health information. For more information, please see Questions 5.10 and 5.12 on the UTogether FAQ page.

Credit/No Credit and LWD Requests for UTM Students

I would like to submit a Credit/No Credit request for a UTM F course. When is the deadline?  Updated Dec 21, 2021 at 2:30 PM
December 7, 2021 was the last day to request or cancel Credit/No Credit for UTM F courses. The deadline will not be extended. 

I would like to submit a LWD request for a UTM F course. When is the deadline?  Updated Dec 21, 2021 at 2:30 PM
December 7, 2021 was the last day to request or cancel LWD for UTM F courses. The deadline will not be extended. 

I would like to submit a Credit/No Credit request for a F course at the Faculty of Art & Science. When is the deadline?  Updated Dec 21, 2021 at 2:30 PM
If the course at the Faculty of Arts and Science in which you were enrolled was impacted by the disruption during exams starting December 16, 2021, the deadline for Credit/No Credit will been extended for these courses to January 18, 2022. You cannot submit this request in ACORN. Further details including the request process will be posted on January 6, 2022. 


I would like to submit a LWD request for a F course at the Faculty of Art & Science. When is the deadline?  Updated Dec 21, 2021 at 2:30 PM
If the course at the Faculty of Arts and Science in which you were enrolled was impacted by the disruption during exams starting December 16, 2021, the deadline for LWD for these courses will be extended to January 18, 2022. You cannot submit this request in ACORN. Further details including the request process will be posted on January 6, 2022.  

Changes to the Timetable

Why are courses being changed to in-person delivery? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Please take a moment to read the latest message from our Vice-President & Principal, Alexandra Gillespie on the Winter 2022 term.

Will the Winter term be fully online? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
No. Approximately 85% of Winter courses will have at least one in-person component.

Where can I find updated information for Winter courses? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
You can find all of the updates on the Timetable website under the “Delivery Mode” column. Here, we have specified the type of instruction you can expect for each lecture, tutorial, and practical. 


My lecture/tutorial/practical code is a 6/7/8/9/999x. Why does the Delivery Mode say In-person? Which one is correct? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
For the Winter 2022 term, refer to the “Delivery Mode” column only. While your course may change from its current mode to in-person, the meeting section code (for example, LEC9101) will not be changing. This decision was made in order to release the Timetable to you at a faster rate.
In a standard year, the section code will always match the label under “Delivery Mode”. For example, if you are enrolled in LEC999x, it will say online asynchronous in the “Delivery Mode” column. 

Why is the Timetable being updated again in December? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
In December, we will be adding room locations to the Timetable. Our first priority was to confirm the delivery mode for courses as soon as possible so that you could review the changes, modify your courses if needed, and meet with an advisor for assistance.  

Will the date and/or time of my courses change? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
Every effort is being made to avoid changes to dates and times to minimize the impact on your weekly schedule. However, there may be exceptions where this is unavoidable. In the coming weeks, we will connect with you as additional updates become available. We ask for your continued patience as we finalize these details with your faculty, academic units, and the Office of the Dean.

Will courses go from online to in-person in the middle of the term? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
No. Since the beginning, we have made a commitment to ensure that the delivery mode of your course will not be switched once the course begins (unless we are required to move it online in order to comply with health and safety regulations). 

I need to make changes to my Timetable. Where can I go for help? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
There are many ways that we can help you plan your courses, and finalize your timetable! Here are some of the best ways to connect with us:
  • Join us for our weekly FAQ Fridays with Academic Advising sessions. These events are an excellent way for us to connect directly, and answer your questions live.
  • For complex questions, you may wish to consider a 20-minute appointment with an Academic Advisor or submitting your question to us in writing. Both options can be done through AskRegistrar

Planning Your Courses for the Winter Term

I have in-person courses, and cannot come to campus. When should I decide what to do? Updated Nov 5, 2021 at 3:00 PM
Ideally, as soon as possible, or within the next two weeks. This timeline can vary depending on your circumstances - for example, application deadlines, housing, travel arrangements, finding an alternative way to commute to campus, etc. You don't have to make all the decisions alone, so please connect with our student services for support!

International students should connect first with the team at UTM’s International Education Centre, which can help identify your options for next steps. Our IEC advisors offer one-on-one assistance and organize topic-specific group presentations. International students may also be eligible for an International Leave of Absence, which requires proof of your inability to come to UTM.

We also have outstanding advisors in the Office of the Registrar and academic departments, who can suggest creative ways of organizing your courses and course load with an eye on the future. Please reach out for help.

I am in Canada, but cannot make it to Mississauga for the Winter term. Can I take courses at another Canadian university? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
Yes, for eligible students this is certainly an option. The deadline to submit a request to study at another Canadian university has been extended to January 10, 2022. For eligibility requirements, and restrictions, see the Letter of Permission form for details. We encourage you to discuss your options with your departmental advisor if you wish to take program requirements at another institution. 

International Students

What if I am in a country with a travel ban? Updated Dec 2 at 8:53am

As travel restrictions continue to change, please connect with the International Education Centre if you require support.

I am travelling during the winter break, what do I need to consider? Updated Dec 2 at 8:53am
Please be mindful of travel restrictions and keep in mind the additional travel restrictions announced by the Canadian Government. Consider their impact on your travel plans and connect with the International Education Centre if you require support.

What happens if I have to quarantine for the first two weeks of the Winter term? Updated Nov 22, 2021 at 11:20 AM 

Don’t worry, the deadline for adding and dropping courses doesn’t come until January 23! In any year, even before the pandemic, many students arrive late for various reasons and join classes after instruction has begun. We’ll support students through the transition as we always do.

As enrolled students you have immediate access to Quercus, U of T’s online teaching and learning system; so, you can follow along with the course syllabus and readings even if you can’t yet be in the physical classroom.

In mid-December, if you know that your travel plans or quarantine obligations will cause you to miss term time, you should connect with your instructors. They cannot change the mode of course delivery, but they can recommend ways for you to stay current.

They also recognize the challenges created by the beginning of term; and they have experience supporting students who enter a course after it starts.

All instructors and teaching assistants will encourage students to visit them during their posted office hours. Together, you can discuss strategies to support your success in the course.

Newly arriving students can also connect with classmates who attended the first weeks to ask if they’ll share copies of their notes: they do share all the time. Many students appreciate the opportunity to help in our supportive community.

I have concerns about my arrival. Where can I go for help? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
The International Education Centre (IEC) offers a range of services, including immigration advising support. Visit the IEC website to learn more about how they can support you, and details on how you can connect with them. They are also hosting online sessions, including events to help you prepare for your arrival, and topics related to housing.

On-Campus Housing

I plan to live in residence, but will be arriving late to campus. What should I do? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 

If you already secured a spot in residence, you can arrive when you are able. The Student Housing & Residence Office can work with you to support your arrival. If you are an international student, please review the quarantine requirements

Can I still apply to live in-residence? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
If you have not yet applied for residence, please do so right away! A number of students are also on a waitlist, and spaces are being offered as soon as they become available. Resources for off-campus housing is also available. 


I will be seeking an exemption. What do I need to do? Updated Nov 2 at 2:40pm 
The extended deadline is November 15, 2021 for students to request an exemption. For more information about vaccine exemptions, visit the university's COVID-19 Information for U of T Students.

I have questions and concerns about meeting the vaccine requirements. What are my options? Updated Nov 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM 
For more information about vaccines, exceptions, vaccinations from outside of Canada, the rapid screening program and more, please visit the UTogether FAQ page.

Get Your U of T Student Card

Whether or not you're planning to be on-campus this year, all new students must book a virtual appointment with the TCard Office in order to activate their UTORid. This will grant you access to all U of T online services that students need. This includes: access to your U of T email, course content on Quercus, library resources, WiFi on campus, and more!

Learn more about converting your JOINid to a UTORid.

Absence Declaration

When should I use the Absence Declaration Tool?
If are you experiencing acute circumstances, whether medical or non-medical, whether connected to your disability or not, you can use the Absence Declaration tool on ACORN to indicate the days when you were unable to engage in your academic work.

If you are registered with Accessibility Services, you should work proactively with your instructors or Accessibility Services Advisor if you have accommodation needs due to your disability. Make sure to send your Letters of Accommodation to your instructors through AIMS early on so you can plan for the support you will need for all your courses. You can also speak with your Accessibility Advisor to facilitate this request. That way, if the situation becomes more complex, requiring a more coordinated effort from your Advisor to help you obtain accommodation across multiple courses or multiple items of course work, this will be easier. Please email to make an appointment to speak with your Advisor.

Alibaba Cloud Enterprise Network

I'm an international student from China and I'm concerned connecting and accessing U of T's online resources. What can I do?
Starting July 9, 2020, U of T students located in mainland China can use the Alibaba Cloud Enterprise Network. This service will offer a fast, reliable, and consistent connection to U of T's network and resources, such as Quercus. Please note that this service should only used to connect to U of T resources from China, and some websites outside of U of T will not be available when using this service, such as YouTube and Yahoo. Learn more about the Alibaba CEN Service and visit the Information Commons website for instructions on how to install the service on your device.

Set Up Your U of T Zoom Account

Sometimes I can access my lectures, and sometimes I can't. What is the problem? Updated Nov 23, at 11:45am

Do you have a account, or a account? Yes, there is a difference!

Your U of T Zoom account is your official account which unlocks access to university content, including your lectures and tutorials. Check out the online tutorials on how to set up your U of T Zoom account as a first-time user, or switch to the U of T Zoom account if you have a generic account.