RAWC Entry Closure FAQ

RAWC Entry Closure, effective February 18, 2021

Starting Thursday, Feb. 18, the main entrance to the Recreation, Athletics & Wellness Centre (RAWC) will be closed.


How does this affect me? How can I access the Davis Building?

If you usually park across from the RAWC, access to the William G. Davis Building from P4 and P8 will change to a less direct route.

Entry to the Davis Building will continue to be accessible from the main entrance on Inner Circle Road (by the flag pole). Use the winding pedestrian pathway beside the RAWC to get to the Davis entrance.


Will P4 and P8 remain open? Can I use the EV (electric vehicle) Chargers?

Yes, P4 and P8 parking lots will remain open with some restrictions:

  • The lower levels of P4 and P8 will be available to valid permit holders and pay and display users.
  • The upper levels of P4 and P8 will remain closed for regular use.

The back surface level portion of P8 and the P4 pond areas will also remain open, however, they are sometimes used as basecamps for various film shoots on campus.

The EV Charging stations in lower level P8 will remain open and available for permit holder use.


What if I want to park somewhere else?

If you have a valid P4 and P8 parking permit (Annual staff P4 P8, Annual student P4 P8, Sessional student P4 P8, Carpool P8, monthly evening or monthly temporary P4 P8) you may alternatively park in P5 parking lot, at no additional charge.

P5 is located in close proximity to the Davis Building entrance on Inner Circle Road, across from the pond.

Please continue to display your current P4 P8 permit when parking in P5 to avoid a parking ticket.

If you would prefer to park in a different area on campus (such as CCT Garage, P9 or P1) we would be happy to cancel your current P4 P8 parking permit in order to purchase an alternate parking permit.

Please contact Parking & Transportation Services for more information on how to proceed with this option. (Email: parking.utm@utoronto.ca)


Where can I park if I require barrier-free (accessible) parking?

Barrier-free (accessible) parking spaces are located at the Inner Circle; next to the Student Centre; P1, P5, P6, P7, P8, P9, P10; the CCT Garage and Alumni House.

In order to park in a barrier-free (accessible) space on campus, in any lot, both a Provincial Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit (APP) and a valid University of Toronto Mississauga parking permit (or pass) must be clearly displayed.