- Is this program available full-time only, or is there a part time option?
- How do I know if I'm eligible to apply?
- What type of bachelor's degree is required?
- I am currently in another master's program, can I transfer into the MUI Program?
- How do I access the online application?
- The online application won't let me apply to the program I want - what's wrong?
- I want to apply to several UofT graduate programs, can I?
- I applied last year, do I have to re-submit documents?
- Do I have to pay the application fee?
- I am an international student - do I have to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score report?
- Do I need work experience?
- Must my application be complete before it is reviewed?
- What is the review and decision timeline?
- Is an interview required?
- If I am offered admission, can I defer to next year?
- I was refused admission – can I appeal?
Once I am in the program
- How do I register for courses?
- How do I pay my tuition fees?
- Is the MUI Summer Internship mandatory?
- How do I obtain my internship position?
The MUI program is full-time.
Please refer to Admissions Requirements. For further inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An appropriate bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in social sciences (including political science, urban economics, urban planning, urban studies, and geography), management/commerce, or a related field such as architecture or civil engineering, with a standing equivalent to at least a mid-B in the final year of the program.
The application should be submitted through the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies online application, which opens on October 5th 2020 and closes on March 12th 2021.
- The program is closed for admission. You are trying to apply outside of our specific online application dates. It is only open from October 5th 2020 and closes on March 12th. It cannot be accessed at any other time.
- You have not selected MUI from the IMI Graduate unit: form the pick list, choose IMI (Institute for Management & Innovation) and then choose MUI.
Yes. However, you need to apply to each program separately as each program has its own admission criteria and different documents that must be submitted.
Yes. CAD 125 via credit card. Applications are considered complete only if the application fee is paid.
If your primary language is not English and you graduated from a non-Canadian university where the language of instruction was not in English, then you must demonstrate your facility in English by successfully completing and submitting an acceptable English Facility Test.
Work experience is not required. However, work related experience may be considered.
For those applicants who complete their applications between October 5th, 2020 and January 15th, 2019, their files will be reviewed in mid-January 2021, with interviews scheduled for late-January to early February. All application files that are complete from January 16th, 2021 to March 12th, 2021 will be reviewed in early to mid-March, with interviews scheduled in late March to early April 2021.
Yes. Only qualified applicants will receive an invitation for a Skype interview.
No. You must re-apply for future consideration.
As most of our MUI courses are core courses (required), the Program Coordinator registers you in these courses. You will have to register for elective courses.
Once you become a UofT student, you will have online access to your tuition account and will be able to pay it via online banking, money order, or certified cheque.
Yes. The MUI Summer Internhsip is worked on from May – August.
You will get support from the Recruitment, Placement and Employer Relations Officer in the program to find an internship position.