Octagon Health Data Science Competition
The 2021 Data Science in Health Octagon competition is now over. Thank you to all who participated in the competition, and congratulations to this year's winning team!
This year, teams were tasked with creating a digital biomarker for cognitive performance, that involved more than 2 million data points. In prior years we have seen winning teams from Health Research Methodology at McMaster University and Biomedical Engineering (UofT).
This year our winning team is from Digital Health Technologies. Congratulations to Kevin Schubert, Gavincko Alagesan, Amber Jolly, and Zoila Rossi Ricciardone!
- Team Registration Deadline: October 27, 2021
- Cases Received: October 29, 2021
- Case Analytics Deadline: November 1, 2021
- Team Presentations: November 5, 2021 via Zoom
- Location: University of Toronto Mississauga
- Award for winning team: $5,000
- Open to students from ALL academic institutions
- undergraduate, graduates and post-doctoral fellows; professionals planning to return to school
- Teams must have a minimum of 2 members; there is no maximum to the number of team members
- Registration: Please send each team member's name, email, and current institution/degree program/company to email@example.com
- Schedule of Events
- Oct 29th: Link to data set and problem is sent out
- Nov 1st: Analysis due (format below) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 pages 1.5 line spacing (Times New Roman); abstract, methods and results/discussion
- All figures in the appendix; appendix can be as large as needed; provide figure captions
- Presentations (by invitation): Nov 5th at 11:00 AM