How to Apply
Interested in applying?
We are no longer accepting application for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle. Our next admissions cycle will begin in September of 2021. You can review the requirements and steps to apply below to be better prepared and sign up so we can update you as soon as our application opens!
2020-2021 Admissions and Application Timeline
|September||The online pplication portal open: Sept. 21, 2020 at 9 a.m. via: https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/|
Application Deadline: Jan. 8, 2021 for May 2021 admission
Interview period for May 2021 intake of DHT: Feb. 8-12, 2021
Admission offers commence as soon as interviews have been completed; offers continue on a rolling basis, as responses are received, until all spots are full.
Waitlisted candidates are notified of their status once initial offers are made; as responses are received, any spots that remain available will be offered to waitlisted candidates.
Unsuccessful applicants are notifed on a rolling basis, following completion of interviews.
Start date for May 2021 Admission is Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Steps to Apply
1) Ensure you meet the minimum admission requirements as determined by UofT's School of Graduate Studies.
2) Determine what type of applicant you are (domestic or international) and your required application documents.
Bachelor's Degree completed at are recognized Canadian institution.
This applies even if you DO NOT hold Canadian citizenship or PR status.
Transcript(s), Resume, Letter of Intent and three Letter of References.
Bachlor's Degree completed outside
This applies even if you hold a Canadian citizenship or PR status.
Transcript(s), Resume, Letter of Intent. three Letter of References, Subject GRE Test Scores and Proof of English Proficiency.
Your citizenship/PR status in Canada will affect what fees you pay, if admitted. Canadian citizens/PR holders will pay domestic fees, regardless of applicant status. Students who do not hold Canadian citizenship or PR will pay international fees if admitted, regardless of applicant status.
3) Read through the admission FAQs to ensure you are prepared.
4) Open and begin your application at https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca.
Applicants for the May 2022 start date should apply to:
GRADUATE UNIT: 'Inst. for Management & Innovation'
DEGREE: 'Master of Biotechnology'
STREAM: Drug or Digital Health Technologies
5) Ensure all required documentation is submitted by the application deadline. There is no `submit' button but your application is complete and will be considered once all required documentation is listed as `received'. Submit your transcripts from each post-secondary institution that you have attended. (All non-English language documents must be officially translated into English and submitted to the University of Toronto together with the originals.)
Applicants to the Digital Health Technologies field of concentration are encouraged to create and send a link to a YouTube segment they have created. The segment can be up to 2 minutes long and can be anything the applicant chooses to showcase. The segment can be something the applicant is interested in or a demonstration of their analytical ability or digital creativity. We suggest you disable comments to your YouTube posting. Please send the URL in your application cover letter.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all application requirements are correct and submitted by the deadline date.
6) Submit your application payment online.
7) Hold the appropriate interview dates in your calendar (based on the timeline above).
Interviews are either full-morning (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) or full-afternoon (12 to 4 p.m.) and include a 30-minute Interpersonal Skills interview, a 30-minute Science interview and a 60-minute written component. There are two, occasionally three, interviewers present at each interview. All applicants who interview will have an opportunity to ask questions of current MBiotech students over a light lunch and brief tour, held from 12 to 1 p.m.
8) Check your application towards the end of January/early February for any status updates.
Submission of Additional Materials by PostFor application materials that cannot be submitted electronically, please address them to:
Master of Biotechnology Program Office
University of Toronto Mississauga
Innovation Complex, Room KN2260
3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6
Please note that due to COVID there will be a delay in the retrieval of your documents which are mailed.
If you have any trouble uploading documents, need to change the contact information for your referees, or have any issues updating your application file, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you!