Professional Experience Year Co-op
Eligibility for PEY Co-op
The PEY Co-op Program is open to the following registered University of Toronto undergraduate students:
- undergraduate students enrolled in Engineering, Computer Science at St. George Campus and Mississauga Campus
- Canadian Citizen and Permanent Resident undergraduate students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Science
- second- or third-year full-time students in the current academic year.
- returning to third or fourth year on a full-time basis in the year following the PEY Co-op program
- in good academic standing at the time of registration, and at the start of the PEY Co-op year.
- accomplishments, because 12 to 16 months of work allows you to complete large-scale projects and reach professional milestones
- developing lasting relationships with employers
- significant practical experience outside of the classroom
What are the Benefits of PEY Co-op?
- PEY Co-op gives you an edge in the workplace: Many PEY Co-op students secure a position before they graduate from U of T. On average, new grads with PEY Co-op experience can negotiate a starting salary at their first full-time job that is 15 per cent higher than those without PEY Co-op experience.
- PEY Co-op provides career clarity: Spending 12-16 months in a professional work environment will give you a good opportunity to explore career paths within your placement and build valuable industry contacts.
- PEY Co-op offers a wide range of opportunities: Your PEY Co-op experience can also take you abroad, with approximately 50-60 international internships taking place each year at companies like the Agfa-Gevaert Group in Belgium, Microsemi Corporation in the United States, Orbis Investment Management Limited in Bermuda, the Nordex Group in Germany and IDOM in Spain.
- PEY Co-op opens industry doors: Approximately 70 per cent of PEY Co-op students return to finish their degree with a job offer in hand.
PEY Co-op Program Contact Information:
- 222 College Street, Suite 106
- Telephone: 416-978-3881
- Email: email@example.com
The Professional Experience Year program is now open to
students in all programs offered by the Department of
Mathematical and Computational Sciences.