Professional Experience Year Co-op
Eligibility for PEY Co-op
U of T's Professional Experience Year Co-op Program (PEY Co-op) is a work-integrated learning program that helps undergraduate students gain 12 to 16 months of paid work experience before they graduate. As a result of the new PEY Co-op programming, the 2022-2023 work term year will be a transition year between the current outgoing model and the new program model.
Only MCS students at UTM who are currently in Year 3 are eligible to participate in the outgoing model. For Registration information, please click here.
Information regarding program eligibility for the new program model will be forthcoming.
What are the Benefits of PEY Co-op?
- PEY Co-op gives you an edge in the workplace: Many PEY Co-op students secure a position before they graduate from U of T. On average, new grads with PEY Co-op experience can negotiate a starting salary at their first full-time job that is 15 per cent higher than those without PEY Co-op experience.
- PEY Co-op provides career clarity: Spending 12-16 months in a professional work environment will give you a good opportunity to explore career paths within your placement and build valuable industry contacts.
- PEY Co-op offers a wide range of opportunities: Your PEY Co-op experience can also take you abroad, with approximately 50-60 international internships taking place each year at companies like the Agfa-Gevaert Group in Belgium, Microsemi Corporation in the United States, Orbis Investment Management Limited in Bermuda, the Nordex Group in Germany and IDOM in Spain.
- PEY Co-op opens industry doors: Approximately 70 per cent of PEY Co-op students return to finish their degree with a job offer in hand.
PEY Co-op Program Contact Information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org