Commerce: Upper Year Admission
For UTM students only
Students interested in applying to the Commerce program should do so during the Subject Post Request Period, including those who plan to take summer courses to fulfill admission requirements.
- Students who meet all entry requirements by May will be accepted to their Subject Post around the end of May.
- Students who have not completed the entry requirements by May but are taking ‘F’ courses in Summer will be considered for the program in mid-July.
- Students who are completing ‘S’ or ‘Y’ courses in Summer will be considered in September. These students will be refused the first round but should put a request in again during the Second Subject Post period June 13 - August 26.
- Late applications will not be considered. Applications are submitted through ROSI. The Subject Post Request Period is:
March 14 - May 1, 2016
Students should apply for only ONE of the following Subject Posts.
During the above dates, go into ACORN and log on to the SWS.
Select ‘Subject POSts’ from the main menu.
Select ‘add a Subject POSt’, and enter ONE of the following program codes:
ERSPE2273 - Specialist Commerce - General (BCom)
ERSPE1704 - Specialist Commerce - Accounting (BCom)
ERSPE2034 - Specialist Commerce - Finance (BCom)
ERSPE2380 - Specialist Commerce - Marketing (BCom)
ERMAJ1111 - Major in Commerce (HBA/HBSc)
If you request more than one Commerce Post you will be removed from all except one.
[The admission requirements are the same for all programs including the Major in Commerce]
Starting in late May, and mid July students who meet the academic requirements will be invited to enrol in the Subject POSt (program). To accept an offer of admission click on ‘Accept’. Your status will change to ‘ACT’ (active). To decline an offer, click on ‘Delete’. If you want to change to another Commerce Subject Post after you have accepted simply use the CHANGE button. You can change your Post at any time.
Note: Students taking S and Y summer courses to meet entry requirements should request their Post again during the Second round June 13 - August 26. Results will be available in early September.
- Complete MGM101H5, MGT120H5 and ECO100Y5, each with a mark of at least 63%.
- Complete MAT133Y5 or equivalent with a mark of at least 50%
- Complete a minimum of 4.0 credits with grades.
- Meet a minimum CGPA requirement; set annually based on competition.
If you have transfer credits from another Faculty or Institution, you must also meet these requirements:
- Your CGPA must meet the cutoff in a minimum of 4 credits taken at U of T.
- The combined CGPA of all courses taken at another Institution plus U of T courses must meet the minimum cutoff for the year in which you are applying.
IF YOU HAVE TRANSFER CREDITS FROM ANOTHER INSTITUTION outside of Ontario, PLEASE SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TRANSRCIPT TO KN L2270, NO LATER THAN May 4, 2016.
ECONOMICS MAJOR FOR COMMERCE STUDENTS
Commerce students can also list an Economics Major (ERMAJ1478) as a Subject Post.