If you have any questions about applying for a study permit, please contact us at email@example.com or 905-569-4716
To study in Canada, you may need a visitor visa and/or a study permit
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) continues to accept and process applications during the COVID-19 response. However, closures of some Visa Application Centres (VACs) and visa offices mean that applying in-person or by mail may be impossible at this time. It also means that application processing times are likely to be extended. Therefore, we strongly recommend you apply online if you can as soon as you have all the necessary documents prepared.
- The University of Toronto Mississauga is a Designated Learning Institution. You may need to include our Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #) on certain documents: O19332746152 (note the DLI# starts with the letter O not zero).
- If you already have a study permit, you must ensure it is valid.
- Find out what you need before you apply for a study permit in Canada.
- Find out if you can study in Canada.
- Find out if you need an eTA or a visitor (temporary resident) visa before you plan to come to Canada.
- Discover how to apply, where to get application forms and guides, and what documents to provide with your application.
- Submit a request for an amendment to your study permit to apply for a Social Insurance Number
- Include a Custodianship Declaration (IMM 5646) with your study permit application if you are less than 17 years of age and studying in Canada without a parent or legal (see Instruction Guide IMM 5552).
- Processing times vary depending on the Canadian visa office where you submitted your application.
- Find out what you should do after you apply for a study permit.
- Be prepared and know what to expect when you arrive in Canada.
- Apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before your current permit expires.
- If your study permit has expired, you may be able to apply to restore your status as a student within 90 days of losing your student status.