The Scholars InTogether program is a by invitation only program to provide support for students who have received the International Scholars entrance award. All students receiving the award are automatically enroled in the program. The level to which you participate is up to you!
Students will be enroled in a MS Teams Channel, allowing access to chat features and cloud storage for sharing resources within a like minded group of students. Synchronous online sessions are held twice a month and are led by upper year students who have received the award in previous years.
Fall 2021 Themes:
Building community and navigating commitments.
- Meeting other first year students who are in a similar international situation. Building community and finding belonging.
- Connecting with upper year students who can provide their personal experiences navigating online academics/student life, and their journeys coming into Canada.
- Building networks with staff members in the IEC to help guide to you relevant resources to help navigate your involvement on campus and options to explore campus job opportunities.
- Support in navigating all your UTM co-curricular options. With so many exciting opportunities, how do you choose what to be involved with? We'll put a particular focus on time management and balancing the things you have on your plate.
Winter 2022 Themes:
Personal understanding and professional skill development
- Learn and understand more about your personality and innate strengths.
- Spend some time focusing on your goals, priorities, and values, and learn how you can use this to influence your university choices.
- Participate in workshops such as the Myers Briggs Type Inventory, StrengthsQuest/StrengthsFinder, and explore what Emotional Intelligence means.
- Use this learning as tools you can draw from to help you in your next steps.
Register for Fall 2021 Sessions