Researching Careers and Opportunities
Considering your options? You can learn a lot about careers online which will help as you reach out to employers. Here are a few recommended resources:
- Career Cruising (access through the Resources Link on CLNx). With engaging career profiles, multimedia video content and a modern, intuitive interface, Career Cruising provides job seekers and experienced workers in transition with an interactive career development and job search resource that guides them forward to new options.
- E-books available through the University of Toronto Library
- Industry Reports compiled by the UTM Career Centre
- Labour Market sites
- Attend online events that connect you to industry professionals and keep you up to date on your industry’s trends. As more and more events around the globe are being moved online, this may be a good opportunity to look into online events held in other countries.
- Going Global – a great resource to see what the labour market and application processes are in countries outside of Canada.
- My World Abroad – you can create an account with your University of Toronto email in order to access profiles on countries and schools abroad.
- Reviewing profiles of University of Toronto Alumni on LinkedIn. From your LinkedIn account search for the University of Toronto and select “school”. On the left-hand tab you will see a link to alumni, and you can conduct a search to see career paths of over 300,000 U of T alumni. If you need information on setting up your LinkedIn, check the LinkedIn page on the Career Centre website.
You can make an appointment to speak with one of our career counsellors by calling 905-828-5451 or 905-828-5264.