Opt In for Study Permit Expiry Reminders Now

Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. If you have one, you must ensure it is valid to study at U of T for the duration of your post-secondary studies. If you study without a valid study permit, you may face serious consequences.

You now have the option to update your ROSI record to include the expiry date of your study permit and receive timely reminders and immigration advice from the International Education Centre. To do so, please:

  • Take your original study permit to the Office of the Registrar for processing; and
  • Update all your contact information on ACORN (including your email address, telephone number and mailing address).

Note: it is the  sole responsibility of students  to maintain legal status, i.e. valid study permit, in Canada.