Traveling to Canada
Please check the COVID-19 Information for University of Toronto Students, the UTMTogether FAQs and the Government of Canada COVID-19 page for the most up to date information on processes, international student requirements and services.
Are you travelling to Canada for the Winter 2022 session?
As a new or returning UTM student, you should have the following documents when entering Canada:
- A valid study permit or a Letter of Introduction confirming that your study permit has been approved by IRCC
- A valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- A valid passport
- A current Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Confirmation of Enrollment letter (Apply for your letter ASAP)
- UTM Letter of Acceptance (first year students only or students who have never entered Canada before)
- Proof of funds
- Proof of valid immigration medical examination (if required)
- COVID-19 pre-entry molecular test result
- Documentation related to your quarantine plan
- Submit ArriveCAN receipt before boarding your plane
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
- Complete government travel checklist COVID-19: Entering Canada requirements checklist – Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
Please ensure the documents you carry are as current as possible.
- COVID-19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders
- Entering Canada requirements checklist
- IRCC: Travel restrictions and exemptions for international students
- UofT Quarantine Plans
- To learn more about and register for the UofT quarantine plan:https://www.viceprovoststudents.utoronto.ca/covid-19/#Quarantine
- All travelers must show evidence of their quarantine plan upon arrival. To do so download the Government of Canada’s ArriveCAN app (iOS or Android) or use their accessible web app to submit the mandatory information required for entry into Canada. The app allows you to easily and securely submit the necessary information within 48 hours before arriving in Canada, speeding up the arrival process.