Are you new to UTM and want to learn more about what life in Canada is like? Do you want to prepare for your arrival to Canada and chat with some students about what you can expect? Are you staying outside Canada right now, and miss the country?
Join us for a six week mini series, led by students just like you as we explore the culture of Canada, its places and people, seasons and traditions, and give you some real life student stories and personal experiences.
Think of this as a friendly, casual weekly chat, and hopefully a place where you can meet someone new (we know that's hard to do in online life these days). Tell us what you'd like to talk about, and we'll work it into the program.
Join us for one week, or for all six! Students who participate in 3 out of 6 weeks will be eligible for Co-Curricular Record notation.
Sessions will run on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings in Fall 2021 from 9-10am Eastern.
- September 21 or 22: Canadian Food Culture
- September 28 or 29: Canadian Places (local, provincial, and beyond)
- October 5 or 6: Winter in Canada
- October 19 or 20: Holidays and Cultural Awareness Days in Canada
- October 26 or 27: Canadian Film and Cinema
- November 2 or 3: Candian Music and Pop Culture
Registration for Fall 2021 is now available. We look forward to meeting you!
- Follow the participant sign up link below to be redirected to the IEC calendar on CLNx
- Sign into CLNx
- Search the dates you wish to join
- Register for those dates