The Institute for Management and Innovation is pleased to support the offering of scholarships, bursaries and awards to students across our professional master's programs. IMI offer's awards across all programs, and programs offer specialized awards for students within those programs.
Please visit the sections below to learn about IMI awards that you can apply for.
Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries for IMI Graduate Students
***The following info is for the 2023 scholarship and is for reference only - please stay tuned for 2024 updates.
Number of scholarship available for 2023/24: 2
Value of Scholarship: $15,000 for each recipient
Deadline to Apply: Monday, April 24, 2023
The Inclusive Excellence Admissions Scholarships for Black and Indigenous Master’s Students has been established by the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto. This scholarship aims to diversify academia by supporting the recruitment of first-year master’s students in professional and research-based programs. This scholarship was established in response to recommendations emerging from the Weecheehetowin Final Report of the Steering Committee for the University of Toronto Response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada, The Anti-Black Racism Task Force Final Report, and the Scarborough Charter. For 2023/24, two scholarships will be available.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, all the following criteria must be met:
- Applied, by April 24 2023, to an Institute for Management & Innovation’s master’s program. This includes:
- Master of Science in Sustainability Management
- Master of Management of Innovation
- Master of Urban Innovation
- Master of Biotechnology
- Master of Management and Professional Accounting
- Master of Forensic Accounting
2) Master’s application, at the time of applying to this scholarship, falls under one of the following categories
- Your application is pending, OR;
- You have received an offer of admission to master’s program in the Institute for Management & Innovation, University of Toronto Mississauga but have not responded by the program deadline, OR;
- You have accepted admission into a master’s program in the Institute for Management & Innovation, University of Toronto Mississauga
3) Self-identify as a Black and/or Indigenous applicant
4) Demonstrate a distinguished record of professional/volunteer/community experience or leadership
5) Submit a UofT online OGS Application to the nominating unit (nominees need not be OGS eligible)
6) Have not been awarded other major internal or external funding in excess of $10,000 (excluding governmental loans/grants, e.g., OSAP, or band funding) at the time of offer.
How to Apply
To be considered for this award, interested students should fulfill the following steps by Monday April 24, 2023 at 11:59pm:
Step 1: Complete the online application form by Monday April 24, 2023 at 11:59pm.
Step 2: Complete an Ontario Graduate Scholarship application by Monday April 24, 2023 at 11:59pm
Adjudication and Communication to Successful Candidates
- Applications will be assessed in June 2023 by an adjudication committee that represents the diversity of IMI.
- Successful candidates will be informed before August 1, 2023 and given 10 business days to accept the offer.
- Applications Open: Rolling
- Applications Close: April 24, 2023, 11:59 PM
- Must be registered in an IMI or IMI-supported program
- Must have applied for OSAP or another province’s student aid program
- Must have an unmet financial need as determined by OSAP or out-of-province financial aid application
- OSAP recipients will be automatically considered based on their OSAP application
- Out-of-province financial aid recipients must complete the Out of Province Financial Aid/UTAPS application on the Enrolment Services website
Currently Eligible Programs Include:
- Master of Biomedical Communications (MScBMC)*
- Master of Biotechnology (MBiotech)
- Master of Management of Innovation (MMI)
- Master of Management & Professional Accounting (MMPA)
- Master of Science in Sustainability Management (MScSM)
- Master of Urban Innovation (MUI)
- Amount of funding is determined at the discretion of the individual programs:
- Students will not receive more than unmet need amount
- Amounts prorated according to number of terms enrolled in a given year
- Eligibility reviewed in July, October and February annually
Please contact your respective Program Administrator for questions, and to learn the process to apply for this Aid within your respective Program.
- MScBMC: Maeve Doyle
- MBiotech: Program Assistant
- MMI: Beate Ensminger
- MMPA: Rosemary Fouad
- MScSM: Shena Neermul
- MUI: Alyssa Madrasto
*IMI-supported program; Offered through the Institute of Medical Science