- IMI Director and Management Professor Soo Min Toh's research on ineffective leaders profiled in Market Business News and Big Think
- Management Professor Kevin Yousie gives talk on Fourth Industrial Revolution at Mississauga Central Library for Lecture Me! series [PHOTO]
- Management Professor Andreas Park publishes paper in Journal of Financial Economics: "Regulating dark trading: Order flow segmentation and market quality"
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer in The Globe and Mail:
- "Facebook has lost $100B in value — and its money problems may just be beginning"
- "It’s time to stop testing drugs on animals and start using better, more modern methods"
- Journal article that Lisa's op-ed is based on from the Business and Society Review: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/basr.12134
- Management Professor Aida Wahid publishes paper in Journal of Business Ethics: "The Effects and the Mechanisms of Board Gender Diversity: Evidence from Financial Manipulation"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso quoted in The Hill Times: "Feds to begin negotiations with supercluster winners"
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer publishes paper in Business and Society Review: "Human Stakeholders and the Use of Animals in Drug Development"
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer interviewed by Faunalytics: "Faunalytics Slack Chat: Animal Research And Government Waste"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso publishes article in the Journal of Law and Economics: "Tort Reform and Innovation"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso publishes NBER working paper: "The Diffusion of New Institutions: Evidence from Renaissance Venice's Patent System"
- MScSM Director Shashi Kant appointed to the Order of Ontario
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer in The Globe and Mail: "How to avoid cryptocurrency pitfalls"
- Management Professor Andreas Park talks about bitcoin on CityNews
- Management Professor Sonia Kang talks about sexual harassment and the workplace on The Agenda
- Management Professor Ruben Gaetani talks about Toronto and Amazon HQ2
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera publishes paper on motivating cord blood donation in Nature
- IMI faculty + staff donate 65 gifts to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel as part of 2nd annual IMI Giving + Sharing Social [PHOTO]
- Management Professor Peter Landry publishes paper in The Review of Economic Studies and talks about his research as part of IMI in the Headlines
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer featured in the National Post: "The year in review: Today's plant-based meats are both tasty and convincing"
- Management Professor Andreas Park featured on Global News, BNN, and The Toronto Star:
- IMI Director & Management Professor Soo Min Toh interviewed on UTM Research's View to the U podcast: "From the Director's Chair: Soo Min Toh Leads IMI through its Next Stage"
- Management Professor Rafael Chiuzi hosts HRM info session
- UTM Principal & VP Ulli Krull wishes the campus a happy holiday season
- Management Professor Ruben Gaetani interviewed in The Toronto Star: "Tech industry is tied to inequality, researchers find"
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer discusses "clean meat" in The Globe and Mail
- Chemistry & Physical Sciences Professor Ulli Krull officially installed as the new Principal of UTM and VP of U of T [PHOTO; Read more]
- SSHRC Grants awarded to Management Professors
- Management Professor Laura Derksen receives Connaught Global Challenge Award for “Big data – local impact – healthy lives"
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer organizes first-ever "Animals and Society" Research Roundtable
- Management Professor Sonia Kang interviewed on CBC Radio's Metro Morning for her research on resume whitening
- Management Professor Akash Chattopadhyay featured in the Wall Street Journal: "How to Make Money on Japanese Stocks" [paywall; link to full paper]
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer talks about time changes and daylight savings
- The Globe and Mail: "Time’s up: The economic case against daylight-saving time"
- Radio Canada International [AUDIO]: "More accidents, more crime, says professor"
- MMI faculty, students, alumni + staff celebrate the program's 10th anniversary [VIDEO]
- IMI faculty, students, alumni + staff participate in annual CIBC Run for the Cure as part of the UTM team [PHOTOS]
- Management Professor Andreas Park quoted in CBC News: "The challenges of playing the market against artificial intelligence"
- MScBMC Professor Jodie Jenkinson interviewed on View to the U podcast
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera is profiled for Rotman website: "Working out the supply and demand — and ethical considerations — for blood, organs and body parts"
- Management Professors Laura Derksen + Ruben Gaetani hold first-ever IMI Junior Workshop on Health, Labour + Development [PHOTOS]
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer featured in The Toronto Star: "Consumer demand will lead to lab-made 'clean meat'"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang wins two awards:
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer pens article for The Globe and Mail: "Burger King’s new cryptocurrency is a whopper of a shenanigan"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso publishes research on roads and innovation in The Review of Economics and Statistics
- August 2017
- MBiotech Professor Jayson Parker talks about wearables industry in OIA: Fledgling wearables industry shows gap between fitness apps, medical devices
- Management Professors Tanjim Hossain, Sonia Kang + Nico Lacetera named Chief Scientists at University of Toronto's Behavioural Economics in Action at Rotman (BEAR) Centre
- Management Professor Andreas Park interviewed on CBC's Metro Morning: VISA pushes for cashless society
- IMI welcomes new faculty as of July 1st:
- Akash Chattopadhyay, Assistant Professor - Accounting
- Daniel Goetz, Assistant Professor – Marketing
- Rafael Chiuzi, Assistant Professor, Teaching – Organizational Behaviour
- Management Professor Sonia Kang wins W. Richard Scott Article Award for "Whitened Résumés: Race and Self-Presentation in the Labor Market" article
- Chemistry & Physical Sciences Professor Ulli Krull appointed as new UTM VP-Principal
- IMI faculty honoured at second annual IMI Awards Night
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera has paper reviewed in The Regulatory Review: "Regulating the 'Kidney Club'"
- U of T startup hatches from project in MBiotech Professor Jayson Parker's Creating Life Science Products course
- Mihkel Tombak, Chair of the Department of Management, receives award from Canadian Bar Association for best paper
- Management Professor Sonia Kang's research on resume whitening featured in Forbes: "Minorities Who 'Whiten' Resumes Get More Job Interviews"
- Chemical & Physical Sciences Professor Scott Prosser wins Royal Society of Chemistry award
- Professor Soo Min Toh from the Department of Management appointed new IMI director
- Incoming MMI Director Tanjim Hossain's research featured on Columbia Law School's blog: Auctioneers as Market Makers and Their Role in Managing Price Momentum
- Management Professor Sonia Kang's research on reclaiming power featured in Rotman's New Thinking website: How to Keep Your Cool in High-Stakes Negotiations
- Management Chair Mihkel Tombak speaks at 15th annual IIOC in Boston [PHOTO]
- Management Professor Andreas Park presented at the 5th annual Rotman GRI Finance Forum: "FinTech, Blockchain Technology, and its Impact on the Financial Industry" [SLIDES]
- Management Professor Jacob Hirsh has article featured in Harvard Business Review: "Why Being a Middle Manager Is So Exhausting"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang featured in TVO article: "How behavioural science can help make police forces more diverse"
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study on "Economic Development and the Regulation of Morally Contentious Activities" in NBER
- Chemical & Physical Sciences Professor & UTM Interim Principal Ulli Krull talks about mental health, resiliency, and making a difference in guest vlog for Health & Counselling Centre's #UTMental campaign
- UTM EEO audits MBiotech Director Leigh Revers' CHM243 tutorial
- IMI Director Pierre Desrochers (Geography) receives the 2017 Julian L. Simon Memorial Award
- Chemical & Physical Sciences Professor Scott Prosser has research published in Science: 'Good Things Come in Pairs' : UTM research shows enzymatic partners drive chemical reactions
- Management Professor Andreas Park discusses Trump's plans to rollback financial regulations in the U.S. on Roundhouse Radio Vancouver
- IMI Director Pierre Desrochers speaks at the Senate (Transportation and Communications Committee)
- Chemical & Physical Sciences' and UTM Interim Principal Ulli Krull talks about his research for the inaugural View to the U UTM research podcast
- Chemical & Physical Sciences' Scott Prosser has enzymes study published in Science
- Management's Lisa Kramer publishes blog post in Psychology Today: "Will Urine be the Next Number One Crisis?"
- Management Professor Soo Min Toh publishes study in Journal of International Business Studies: Group cultural values and political skills: A situationist perspective on interpersonal citizenship behaviors
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer quoted in Maclean's: "Trump Twitter takes aim at business. What could go wrong?"
- Management Professor Yue Li honoured for highly cited research for his work "The relevance of environmental disclosures: Are such disclosures incrementally informative?" in Journal of Accounting and Public Policy
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso quoted in article about the "open ecosystem network," a new portal on management of innovation launched by Nokia: Forget about tech utopias: nations collaborate to unlock the wider benefits of innovation
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer featured in Benefits Canada's DC Investment Forum: The keys to overcoming plan members’ behavioural biases
- Management Professor Laura Derksen has op-ed featured in Huffington Post: "HIV Stigma Can Be More Dangerous Than The Disease Itself"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso's research featured in Qmed: "Does Tort Reform Actually Stifle Medtech Innovation?"
- IMI Director Pierre Desrochers featured in St. Catharines Standard: "Niagara will soon have to decide if it wants photo radar"
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer quoted in The New York Times: "Fact vs. Feeling"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso's research on innovation in medical devices featured in multiple publications
- Harvard Business School's Working Knowledge Portal: Challenging the Belief that Liability Laws Kill Medical Device Innovation
- Forbes: How Malpractice Reform Affects Medical Device Innovation
- Management Program Director Louis Florence donates collection of historical bonds to Li Koon Chun Finance Learning Centre
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study in the American Economic Journal: Microeconomics; also receives "chart of the week" honours from American Economic Association
- Management Professor Andreas Park critiques the TSX Alpha "speed bump" critique [Globe & Mail paywall]
- Management Professor Jacob Hirsh quoted in The Toronto Star on an article on (business) intuition and "The science behind going with your gut"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang featured as Rising Faculty Star for "Reunite@Rotman" event
- Management Professors Alberto Galasso & Gabor Virag publish article in International Journal of Industrial Organization titled “Market Outcomes and Dynamic Patent Buyouts”
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera's study on US kidney transplantation featured in VOX (CEPR Policy Portal): "Understanding moral repugnance: The case of the US market for kidney transplantation"
- Management Professor and MMI Director Alberto Galasso publishes NBER working paper "Tort Reform and Innovation"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang's study, "Whitened Résumés: Race and Self-Presentation in the Labor Market," is most read ASQ article for September 2016
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer featured in The Globe and Mail for her studies on how emotions affect financial decisions
- Professor Mihkel Tombak, Chair of Management, quoted in Global News on BlackBerry missing the boat
- Professors Laurel Besco (Geography) + Michel Serafinelli (Economics) receive SSHRC Insight Development Grants; Rahul Deb + Robert McMillan (Economics) rewarded with Insight Grants
- Shashi Kant, IMI’s Director of Master of Science in Sustainability Management at UTM, wins international life sciences award
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera's essay in National Bureau of Economic Research on "Incentives and Ethics in the Economics of Body Parts"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang publishes study in Journal of Experimental Social Psychology on how understanding intent is crucial to improving race relations
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera publishes working paper in National Bureau of Economic Research on "Efficiency-Morality Trade-Offs in Repugnant Transactions: A Choice Experiment"
- MBiotech Director Scott Prosser highlights amazing complexities of cell’s chemical gatekeepers
- UTM Institute for Management & Innovation announces interim director Pierre Desrochers
- IMI Faculty and Staff Saluted at Inaugural Awards Reception
- Professor Ulli Krull named interim VP-Principal of U of T Mississauga
- Professor Scott Prosser's study explores the membrane-receptor landscape (Nature)
- The Review of Financial Studies rewards Professor Pat Akey for early-career achievement
- Study by Professor Laurel Besco explores voluntary environmental sustainability practices amongst businesses
- Professor Nico Lacetera publishes paper on "slacktivism" and the illusion of altruism in social media
- Professor Sonia Kang publishes study on organizational diversity practices and "resume whitening"
- Professor Irene Wiecek joins the AcSB’s International Financial Reporting Standards Discussion Group
- Professor Lisa Kramer in the Wall Street Journal: Can Robo Advisers Replace Human Financial Advisers?
- Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study on incentives for prosocial activities
- UTM VP-Principal heads to India with Premier Wynne to promote IMI grad programs
January 27, 2016
- Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study on understanding attitudes towards "controversial" markets:
- Professor Nico Lacetera published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences: The incidence and role of negative citations in science
- October 26, 2015
- Professors Matthew Osborne and Minlei Ye awarded SSHRC research grants
October 20, 2015
- Professor Tanjim Hossain featured in The Chicago Tribune: Playing hide-and-seek with sales tax
September 12, 2015
- Professor Leigh Revers featured in The Globe and Mail: The price of being pain free: Why are life-changing biologics out of reach for so many?
September 14, 2015
- Professor Jacob Hirsh featured in The Globe and Mail: Extroverts have lower rates of personal savings
August 13, 2015
- Professor Nico Lacetera's work referenced in NYT article: Need a Kidney? Not Iranian? You’ll Wait.
July 31, 2015
- Professor Jacob Hirsh: Extroverted populations have lower savings rates, says new UTM research
July 23, 2015
- Professor Nico Lacetera featured in The Mississauga News: Is it more acceptable to sell your body or your body part? You may be surprised.
July 2, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer featured in Bloomberg: The Unseen Driver of Mutual Fund Inflows: What Time the Sun Sets
June 19, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer featured in MONEY: How Sunshine Affects the Bond Market
June 19, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer's interview on The Agenda with Steve Paikin: Lisa Kramer: Behavioural Finance 101
June 10, 2015
- Professor Nico Lacetera: New ‘body of evidence’ regarding approval of prostitution, compensation for organ donation
June 1, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer: The Weird Reason You Should Buy Treasury Bonds Right Now
May 20, 2015
- Professor Abraham Iqbal: U of T commerce students help homeless youth file taxes
April 29, 2015
- Professor Matthew Osborne: Business School Research - How to put an end to costly cellphone overage fees
March 17, 2015
- U of T News article: Would you stop that download if you knew you were about to exceed your plan?
- Huffington Post article: "How Cell Phone Companies Are Getting You To Pay More"
- UTM article: "UTM professor explores impact of cellphone bill-shock warnings"
- Rotman media release: "Bill shock" warnings can leave consumers worse off says new study
- Professor Lisa Kramer: Winter months SAD for U.S. Treasury securities, study reveals
February 23, 2015