Certificate in Effective Leadership for Senior Managers
The Certificate in Effective Leadership for Senior Managers aims to discover, shape, and consolidate personal leadership identity of industry professionals who are accountable for tactical and strategic challenges involving people, processes, and structures. Moreover, the Certificate offers modern and evidence-based strategies and tools to enhance leadership effectiveness towards other relevant stakeholders.
Online Modules and Learning Outcomes
Module 1 • Leadership Styles
- Debunking leadership myths
- Applicable models of leadership competencies
- Assessing personal leadership styles
- Contextual analysis of organizational constraints
Module 2 • The Psychology of Leadership
- Influence & Persuasion for leaders
- Communication & effective feedback
- Fostering collaboration
- Creating and managing positive psychological contracts
Module 3 • Building Effective Teams
- Roles, responsibilities and accountability
- Team dynamics and relationship management
- Conflict mediation
- Collaboration, cooperation and co-creation
Module 4 • Change Leadership
- Evidence-based change management & change leadership
- Effective frameworks for leading change
- Identifying and mapping human performance (Hiper & Hipos)
- Building and sustaining a high-performance culture
Senior Managers interested in understanding their own leadership style, how to foster a positive culture, and looking to consolidate knowledge about organizational and people-side change.
Please note: The program team reserves the right to review resumes of interested candidates to ensure they have sufficient experience and can contribute successfully to classroom discussions.
Format and Dates
2 half-day sessions per month over 4 months, online.
(Toronto time, EST)
Online Welcome and Networking Session
September 7, 2021
Module 1 • 9 am-12 pm
Sept 10 & 24, 2021
Module 2 • 9 am-12 pm
Oct 8 & 22, 2021
Module 3 • 9 am-12 pm
Nov 5 & 19, 2021
Module 4 • 9 am-12 pm
Dec 3 & 17, 2021
Individual registrations - $2,500 + HST / participant. Group registrations of 2 or more - $2,300 + HST / participant.
Download our brochure!
Meet the Instructor
|Rafael Chiuzi is an experienced Organizational Behaviour Consultant with a strong, demonstrated capacity to leverage human capital for the benefit of organizations and people alike. In his ten plus years of innovative practice in North & South America, Europe and the Middle East, he has been able to overcome widespread organizational challenges, and successfully implement lasting and meaningful change. Rafael is also a published author and Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, at the University of Toronto Mississauga where he teaches organizational behavior and correlated courses.|
Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple and it is also that difficult.
- Warren Bennis
For more information or to receive the University of Toronto alumni and group discount code, please contact Saima Zulqarnain • email@example.com.