Covid-19 Guidelines for the Imaging Facility
- The number of people allowed inside the facility was strategically planned together with the Facilities Management and Planning and a decision was made based on the area of the space and density of equipment.
- DV1074C can safely accommodate two users in total.
- Researchers should use the online booking system to reserve both the room (“1074C room booking 1” or "1074C room booking 2") and the specific equipment they plan to use.
- There is an exception to this rule for the Spinning Disc Confocal- please do not book the SD at the same time as the LSM800 or LSM880.
- Please book a maximum of 5 hours from 8-5. If you can’t use your session, be considerate and cancel with plenty of time so other users can take the slot. If no one shows up after 30 minutes of a reservation time, other users can take over the time.
- One-on-one training sessions can be arranged with Katie (email) and will be conducted with as much distancing as possible.
Personal protection and cleaning
- Users must wear a non-medical mask or face covering.
- Please sanitize your hands before and after visiting the facility. Gloves are highly recommended.
- The equipment will be disinfected periodically according to recommendations from the vendors.
- High-touch external surfaces should be wiped with a cloth moistened with ethanol after use. Ethanol is safe to use on external microscope surfaces with these exceptions:
- Eye pieces: Do not spray these with ethanol, as frequent disinfection can damage the optical coating. Wear goggles or use cling wrap to protect your eyes.
- Objective lenses: Do not spray these with ethanol. As usual, clean the objectives gently using lens paper or kimwipes with lens cleaner.