Activating Your UTORid and Getting a TCard at UTM
- Submit your photo online using the MyPhoto system.
- Once a photo is verified and approved, students can schedule an online appointment with a TCard staff to verify your identity and obtain your UTORid activation passwords. To book an appointment, login to the CLNx (Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network) using the JOINid/UTORid and password provided to you at application/registration.
- Once you are logged in, look at the left hand menu, click on "Appointments" and then below that, "TCard".
- Review the instructions on the next screen and then click on "Book by Appointment Type".
- Make sure you click on the option "B) Mississauga Remote* TCard/UTORid appointments (new students)" in the next screen.
- You will then be able to select a day and time for your appointment.
- During the appointment, you will be required to show your face via a webcam (for identity purposes).
- Show your valid physical/hard copy government-issued photo identification/documentation.
- Have your MyPhoto picture verified and approved.
- Be provided with UTORid activation instructions for access to online resources, including U of T email, once the verification is completed.
- Your TCard will not be available for pickup at the moment. Once more information is available you will be notified.
The TCard is your gateway to life at University of Toronto. Much more than a simple ID, this card gives you discounts, access to library resources and secure areas, entry to gym facilities, meal plans, printing, entrance to events on campus, and more.
All new students must bring in documentation validating their identity & legal status in Canada in order to obtain their first TCard. A TCard will not be issued unless your documentation matches your legal status.
The identity document must have been issued by a federal, provincial or territorial government authority and must be both valid (not expired) and original. Original documents do not include those that have been photocopied, faxed or digitally scanned.
If you are an University of Toronto undergraduate/graduate student or staff/faculty, please visit Documentation Required to find out what documents will satisfy these requirements.
School of Continuing Studies Students
A TCard is available for $20 to any student who is taking a course with the School of Continuing Studies. In order to arrange to have a TCard authorization letter prepared for you, please visit TCard Permission Letter Request page.
If You Are a Visitor
Visitors, if you have not been given either a personnel number or a UTORid and have not been entered through the University of Toronto’s Human Resources Information System but are required to have access to U of T services, including Library services, you will need to provide a letter from a University of Toronto sponsor. In the letter, university sponsor will be asked to state the purpose of the sponsored guest account, the name and date of birth of the visitor, start and end date of the employment/visit along with the sponsor's contact information. The letter needs to be signed and dated by the sponsoring faculty or staff member and printed on letterhead. Acceptable university-sponsored visitors include: conference and workshop attendees, guest lecturers, business partners, vendors, translators, visiting scholars, post-doctoral fellows etc.
To request a temporary guest account, a sponsoring faculty or staff member can either visit the UTM Service Desk or submit a ticket by visitng the I&ITS Service Portal with the letter attached to the ticket.
The guest account information will be released to the sponsors who will be responsible for the accounts while they are active. The IITS Service Desk will securely provide the guest account information to the visitor(s) once they arrive on campus.
Visit Long Term and Short Term UTORid’s for more information.
Using Your TCard
- Add, Transfer and Carry Over Meal Plan Funds
- Add Funds to PrintCopy Account via UTM Mobile Print
- Use Your Student Meal Plan Funds at All Food Service Locations at UTM, as well as with the UTM's Off-Campus Partners
Lost, Damaged or Stolen TCard?
As an UTM student, you are responsible for any charges against your meal plan account until proper notification of the card loss is received.
- To suspend your TCard, visit the Manage your Account page.
- Log in with your UTORid and password and click the gear icon at the top right.
- Select the 'suspend card' tab and confirm to complete the card suspension process.
If you find your TCard, visit the Hospitality & Retail Services website to reactivate your card.
You have the option of replacing a lost, damaged or stolen TCard. For more information, select Lost/Replacement TCard from the TCard Office home page.