All University buildings are closed as of March 17, 2020 to the general public.
All TCard Office locations are closed.
Please view the message from the University regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). For access to online course materials, please visit Quercus.
Can I Get A TCard or UTORID During The University Closure?
- No physical TCards will be issued during the University closure, except for exceptional circumstances (with approval by manager). Information and requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students Starting In Fall 2020:
- Students who have accepted their U of T offer of admission will be able to obtain their UTORid (and U of T Email) starting June 8th.
- On June 8, 2020, newly admitted fall students can submit a photo online using the MyPhoto system. (This photo will be used for your TCard, when we re-open)
- Once a photo is submitted, students can schedule an online appointment with a TCard staff to verify your identity and obtain your UTORid activation passwords using Microsoft Teams video conferencing. To book an appointment, login to the CLNx (Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network) using the JOINid/UTORid and password provided to you at application/registration. CLNx appointment booking will be available for fall students, beginning on June 1st.
- As of June 1st, be sure you claim your Bookstore gift card:
At The Appointment, You Will:
- Be required to show your face via a webcam (for identity purposes).
- Show your valid physical/hard copy government-issued photo identification/documentation (no photocopies or pictures of ID will be accepted).
- Have your MyPhoto picture verified and approved.
- Be provided with UTORid activation instructions for access to online resources, including U of T email, once the verification is completed.
The TCard is your gateway to life at University of Toronto. Much more than a simple ID, this card gives you discounts, access to library resources and secure areas, entry to gym facilities, meal plans, printing, entrance to events on campus, and more.
Room CCT 0160A, Lower Level, CCT Atrium
Information & Instructional Technology Services (IITS) Service Desk
3359 Mississauga Rd North
Mississauga, Ontario. L5L 1C6
- Search the UTM campus map for Communication, Culture & Technology (CCT) Building
- Visit Our Other TCard Services Locations
Hours of Operation
MONDAYS TO FRIDAYS 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
SATURDAYS 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SUNDAYS 9:00 am - 5:00pm
Kindly Note: All TCard Offices are closed on statutory holidays. View Important Dates for a complete list of the specific statutory holiday dates that our campus observes.
All new students must bring in documentation validating their identity & legal status in Canada in order to obtain their first TCard. A TCard will not be issued unless your documentation matches your legal status.
The identity document must have been issued by a federal, provincial or territorial government authority and must be both valid (not expired) and original. Original documents do not include those that have been photocopied, faxed or digitally scanned.
If you are an University of Toronto undergraduate/graduate student or staff/faculty, please visit Documentation Required to find out what documents will satisfy these requirements.
School of Continuing Studies Students
A TCard is available free of charge to any student who is taking a course with the School of Continuing Studies. In order to arrange to have a TCard authorization letter prepared for you, please visit TCard Permission Letter Request page.
If You Are a Visitor
Visitors, if you have not been given either a personnel number or a UTORid and have not been entered through the University of Toronto’s Human Resources Information System but are required to have access to U of T services, including Library services, you will need to provide a letter from a University of Toronto sponsor. In the letter, university sponsor will be asked to state the purpose of the sponsored guest account, the name and date of birth of the visitor, start and end date of the employment/visit along with the sponsor's contact information. The letter needs to be signed and dated by the sponsoring faculty or staff member and printed on letterhead. Acceptable university-sponsored visitors include: conference and workshop attendees, guest lecturers, business partners, vendors, translators, visiting scholars, post-doctoral fellows etc.
To request a temporary guest account, a sponsoring faculty or staff member can either visit the UTM's IITS Service Desk or submit a ticket using self-service via ServiceNow with the letter attached to the ticket.
The guest account information will be released to the sponsors who will be responsible for the accounts while they are active. The IITS Service Desk will securely provide the guest account information to the visitor(s) once they arrive on campus.
Visit Long Term and Short Term UTORid’s for more information.
Using Your TCard
- Add, Transfer and Carry Over Meal Plan Funds
- Add Funds to PrintCopy Account via UTM Mobile Print
- Use Your Student Meal Plan Funds at All Food Service Locations at UTM, as well as with the UTM's Off-Campus Partners
Lost, Damaged or Stolen TCard?
As an UTM student, you are responsible for any charges against your meal plan account until proper notification of the card loss is received.
- To suspend your TCard, visit the Manage your Account page.
- Log in with your UTORid and password and click the gear icon at the top right.
- Select the 'suspend card' tab and confirm to complete the card suspension process.
If you find your TCard, visit the Hospitality & Retail Services Office to reactivate your card.
You have the option of replacing a lost, damaged or stolen TCard. For more information, select Lost/Replacement TCard from the TCard Office home page.
Terms and Conditions
You can reach us at:
CCT Atrium, IITS Service Desk
Mississauga, ON. L5L 4G6
- Learn about UPass. See UPass Distribution Times for the Fall/Winter 2019 term.
- Visit the MiWay website for information on discounted fares for students and weekly, monthly, and other passes.
- Still have questions about the acceptance process or your offer? You can contact Student Recruitment & Admissions
- UTM Parking
- UTM’s ACE program
- UTM Shuttle Bus
- UTM Office of the Registrar
- UTMSU Infobooth
- UTM Recreation, Athletics and Wellness Centre (RAWC)
- UTM Residence
- UTM Information & Instructional Technology Services (IITS)
- UTM International Education Centre
- UTM Campus Police
- Go Transit Student ID
- U of T Wi-Fi Service
- UTORid Account Recovery Service
- University of Toronto Libraries
- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- ASKme Anything!
Students starting in Summer 2020 will be able to get their TCard beginning April 1, 2020.